Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Actually this topic is being discussed on almost every major baseball discussion forum in the country I would imagine...Most UT fans seem to be really disgusted and disappointed in the snub (and rightfully so) from what I have read on some UT boards. As a UT alum myself, I am very disappointed as well. I believe there will be repercussions from this incident for a long time. The coaching staff is responsible for this situation. Frown

Ann
From what i have read,the 2nd place ceremony was optional,Not Manditory.
You have heartbroken kids who you expect to walk up and take a 2nd place Trophy....NOT!!!
This is not little league.Do they have a 2nd place ceremony for NCAA Football,Basketball,I don't think so,UT may have just set the standard,NO More 2nd Place cermonies.
My thoughts are the best team best not always win....Hook'Em Horns!!!
Just a question for some of yall. Would you want to go out and take a second place trophy while the other team is out there celebrating in your face? I don't think so! UT was justified in their actions. Hit and Run and Sixman are right I believe. This isn't little league where sportsmanship is all that matters. This isn't the city championship of Po-Dunk Little League where you have both teams meet on the pitchers mound for the trophy presentation and everyone has smiles on their faces and both teams go out for McDonalds after the game. This is the college world series. You don't see major leaguers stick around after they lost they go right into the clubhouse. UT showed enough class in the way they lost that series. They were goin through enough pain just losing the games. This topic is stupid.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.