Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've watched that replay over and over. Can't believe how close the pitcher came to nipping that ball with his shoe or his glove. How close the 2B came to knocking it down and at least preserving a tie, maybe having a shot at the last out at 2nd.

Talk about your "game of inches." So glad for the VA boys, but man, you have to feel for the Irvine team and especially for their pitcher, who was one out away with bases empty before the last 4 batters turned it all around. That has to hurt big time. You'd almost rather get blown out. Maybe no "almost" about it.
so happy for the va. kids

all i kept thinking about while watching the game was that UCI was going to do what UVA did to them 2 years ago--- knock off the #1 national seed when they survived the regional of death in 2009

all i can say is that 27 outs are a lot of outs that one team has to get and all of them are big under those conditions.

they have to be still walking on air in C'ville!!!
UVA had them right where they wanted them! Wink Cavs had their two best contact hitters IMO with Coleman and Taylor in the two most crucial situations. Major kudos to them for quality at bats, as well as King and Gragnini for being patient at the plate. I thought O'Connor was going to send the speedy Shiflett to 2nd base to get him in scoring position, but held him back.....patience is a virtue. Just an awesome game to watch as a fan. I can't imagine what it would be like as a parent.
It occurred to me, what's all the fuss about? Every kid I know has done that thousands of times.

I know when mine was 5 or 6, he'd be out back with a whiffle ball, doing the narrative:

"Two out, bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, the kid comes up to the plate ...."

And he always came through in those situations before, didn't he? Smile
quote:
Originally posted by 1943 yankees:
Hope to get to eventually see South Carolina and UVA to the end. Love watching Jerry on the big screen!

Your slip up surprises me. If I read the schedule correctly, South Carolina and UVA cannot both be there at the end. If I am interpreting the schedule correctly, there are two pools: (1) Vandy, UNC, Texas and Florida and (2) California, UVA, Tex A&M and South Carolina. It also appears that the winner of each pool, by virtue of double elimination play, advances to a best of 2 out of 3.
My son was a taking a hitting lesson and everybody but the instructor and my son moved over to watch the end of the game.

Amazing and clutch performance. I think they'll be ready to roll in Omaha.

And me, a Virginia Tech grad actually rooting for the Wahoos. Oh well, ever since VT joined the ACC my sense of antipathy to UVA has dropped substantially (and we own them in football anyhow). ;-)
quote:
hsbasballfan said....i think iff i am UVA I am pretty satisified with my pool? no Vandy, no UNC. All those teams are good and TEXAS A&M may be hotest team in the Country though.

Absolutely. That bracket 1 is absolutley a hornet's nest with Florida, NC, Vandy and Texas. You'll probably get no one from UVA to acknowledge that but I think their chances are better with South Carolina and two unseeded teams. Im looking forward to seeing some more college baseball on Fathers Day, and that UVA-SC game when it happens.

NCAA Bracket

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.