Skip to main content

For all you guys that peek in here, I saw a survey yesterday that asked women what they wanted for Valentine's Day. I assume they had to choose from choices provided in the survey. The overwhelming winner was a love letter! Second was diamond earrings (I think that was Luvbb stuffing the ballot box) and followed third with roses. Candy came up a very late last.

So, gals, what are some of the ideas you're thinking of for your wonderful husbands, friends, or kids?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
I protest the results of that vote! Were hanging chads involved by any chance?!?

Big Grin Possibly.....

a love letter though... something that I believe most men forget to think about after a year or two of marriage (if not before)... that would thrill most of us (you included Luvbb!)!!!

I'm a big fan of handwritten letters anyway. I actually write some letters to folks now and think I may include this as part of my kid's valentine's day!
Ut-ohhhh,...with Valentines day fastly approaching, perhaps that means I should actually take down my Christmas tree, eh? OHHH MYYYY!!!!
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek

Tidbit:
If my husband after 20+ years actually sat down & wrote me a love letter, I'd have to drop everything and look for the nearest cast iron skillet to wallop him on the head with.

Surely he would be guilty of SOMETHING! ha! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Last edited by shortstopmom
Lafmom:

quote:
wonderful husbands

Please define " wonderful "!! HA!!

quote:
Was it in the home of a man that got his wife nothing on valentine's day!?!?!

Ohhh Lafmom,...you have me rolling on the floor!!! Good One!!!!!!!!!!
Tisk tisk tisk TR,..TR,...TR,...... What are we gonna do with you???

Hmmm,...I suppose TR does NOT stand for: " T "- ruely " R "-omantic, eh?

Louisianna09,..GREAT idea!!!!! about the mardi Gras beads!!! Thats my kinda gal!!! Cool
Decided to start this post in red, in honor of Sweet Hearts Day!

I usually make my kids a giant brownie or chocolate chip cookie in the shape of a heart!,....then usually a little wrapped tidbit to go with it.

If its a goood morning: ( interpretation- Shortstopmom is having an organized moment! ha! ),...I'll make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast! Not sure why,..but the heart shape always makes them taste extra special!
( thanks to William Sonoma for their heart forms! )

We usually keep things pretty low key, but I have been known to put up a few cupids, hearts, & a jar or two of leftover Christmas mincemeat pie filler throughout the house ahead of time. Kinda a " gentle " HINT reminder to the ol' Husband that the day is FASTLY approaching! ha!
( & should he forget this glorious over rated romantic holiday,..I'll make mincemeat out of him! angel ) HA!!!!!

My kids take goodies to their friends. Their schools almost always have some sort of fundraiser where they can buy candy bags or flowers and have them delivered to their friends classrooms during school hours.

Kinda fun to watch cupid trippin' buzzin' around!! tee- hee
quote:
My kids take goodies to their friends. Their schools almost always have some sort of fundraiser where they can buy candy bags or flowers and have them delivered to their friends classrooms during school hours.

My son could care less about valentine's day with the exception of his girlfriend. Of course, with him being in college, it's I that funds his thoughtfulness for her on that day! Wink My daughter though is a bit like her mother and enjoys sharing little things with her friends.

It is certainly a Hallmark holiday, but I still enjoy having a day dedicated to cupid and his arrows... just another opportunity to have some fun and remind folks we care about them. Smile
quote:
just another opportunity to have some fun and remind folks we care about them.

Yeap,..I agree with the above!

I get a kick out of doing things for the gals at work,... the teachers at school, the mail man/lady etc.

I think that some men,..while albeit not all, feel pressured to make it such a very special day. So much so that and I see alot of them just plain baffled, confused, and worried that their significant other wont be pleased.

I always say, " just make sure you do a little something from the heart,..and she will be happy ".

A TIDBIT FOR THE MEN PEEKERS IN HERE:
**Bling-bling **sparkle-sparkle **shiney-shiney

(..Shhhhh heads up gals, just between you and me, those **'s are my subliminal, between the line hints, to the fellas about jewelry! Big Grin )

If you are indeed, one of those guys who just happens to be in the dog house when this heart holiday rolls around,..a nice trip to the jewelry counter never hurt,... ( more **bling-bling **sparkle-sparkle )...

....and being a practical gal myself,..I'm thinking the Home Depot gift card wouldnt be too bad either,..as long as theres a little something **sparkly/shiney** in there too somewhere! HA!

Everything baseball.com has an AMAZING diamond and ruby encrested baseball charm that would look absolutely to-die-for gorgeous on ANY deserving baseball mom's neck!!!
( wink wink )
***BLING BAAAALINNNNG ***DOUBLE BLING-BLING!!!

Perfect for those men who might be deep in the dog house & also possess deep pockets! Wink Big Grin

Funny how diamonds ( ***sparkle-sparkle ) have the power to completely erase a wife's memory of how a husband forgot to take out the trash for the 4098th bazillionth time,... or how quickly it can change her negative opinion about a husband taking his ump-teenth fishing trip of the year, with his buddies! Big Grin Its true I tell you,..positively truuuue!!!

( I'm workin it gals,..I'm workin' it!! )
Okay, I know most women don't appreciate appliances and the like for romantic 'holidays' but in all honesty, if my hubby told me to go to Sears and get the stove, oven, and new microwave of my choice, I would be delighted.

Maybe to be more romantic, I could get the stainless steel appliances (tho I love my white appliances) and pretend they are covered in bling bling Big Grin
if you buy a front loader get the extended warranty. we never ever buy one, but we are glad we got one on the washer. We have had the repairman out twice. other than that (went out in the rainy season!) we love it. Repairman (sounds so 50's doesn't it) said it is the only one he recommends. You get a year, but the spinning does a job on nuts and bolts and screws and what nots.

We think uniforms are cleaner though.

btw, off topic - we are tying fels naptha on the red mud this year. anyone else try it?
Those front loading models are nice, but I won't spend that much money... my days of large loads of laundry are over. However, this purchase won't be my valentine's day gift to myself neither. Smile

55Mom - There is a thread in this room regarding getting white pants white where some websters shared about fels naptha. My son is in college now, so my days of dirty baseball pants are gone. Frown I never tried it, but several people swear by it if I remember that thread correctly.
quote:
Originally posted by lafmom:
55Mom - There is a thread in this room regarding getting white pants white where some websters shared about fels naptha. My son is in college now, so my days of dirty baseball pants are gone. Frown I never tried it, but several people swear by it if I remember that thread correctly.

I'm not sure who posted it originally but I was one of the people who tired it....and I'm sure my wife appreciates it. (Before you ALL jump on me, please note that I'M the one who scrubbed the red clay out of his uni for about an hour and a half that night)
Hey JT,..I wondered how I had missed the link you put up,..and then after some super sleuthing on my part ( ha! Its called reading the date,...deerrr ssmom!! ) I realized that it was from last years conversation,...just several weeks before I had joined the HSBBW. For a second there had thought I had lost my mind. ( always a possiblity! crazy ha! )

Fun to read the responces from then and now. Perhaps one can tell who the more romantic posters are! Wink

Lafmom,...I enjoy hearing what others are doing and I think its good to be reminded to not forget your special one this heart holiday. ( it DOES happen !!! )

JT,....sounds like if you make an effort of some sort ( especially because you and the missus will be on the road traveling ) and have something prepared for her,..she will most likely stay smitten,...for at least another 22+ years!!!

Shortstopmom's hubster is getting a new set of workout DVD's,...and Royals tickets....that is if he's actually home.
Hows THAT for romance! ha!
Yes, SSmom. I think it's actually wrought iron, but that's what I'm referring to. A friend of mine remodeled her kitchen last year and included iron handles on the cabinets as well as light fixtures... very nice looking. There are so many accessories out there that it's easy to pull that in as part of a decorating scheme. No irons of any other kinds though... including clubs for use on the greens! Smile
Oh my goodness.... Red Face ( blushing! ) apparantly not enough coffee in SSmom's brain this morning to spell correctly! You say potatoe,..I say potatah,..you say wrought,..I say rod,...( giggle giggle! I am a gooober head!!! ) hah ha haaaa!!!

Thanks Lafmom,...you are indeed correct about it being spelled wrought-iron,.....and you are also very well informed about it being a nice fashion trend!

I actually have an old rusted iron garden gate on top of our armoire with decorative nick nacks around it. Very eclectic looking. I think I like it because it actually brings some of the outdoors, indoors. Kansas is good for finding those antique bargains! I especially love the old church beveled & stained glass window pieces you can pick up pretty cheap in these parts!

Heeeeey,.... perhaps I just figured out my own Valentines gift to me,..from moi'! Ha!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.