Skip to main content

This is a clip I made for my pitchers at the Univ. of Memphis. The biggest part of pitching is making pitches. The ony thing you can control in the game itself is your ability to hit your target - to make the pitch. Listen to many great ones out there and they will tell you that they play the game with their eyes. Success must precede success. With visualization you can put yourself out in front of the pitch. Google "the Dog and his Tail" parable.....you can constantly chase success, or you can get out in front and success will follow you all the way.
The catching isn't the best, so easy with the critiques of those wonderful gentlemen.

Please enjoy and remember, you can be great with your thoughts...make it an all the time thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDC-v-V5uk

Precede=to go before. Proceed= to go forward. My fault on the clip.

Fear ceases all forward movement. 2+2=5 L.I.F.E !

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

NDD,

While not exactly visualization the closest stuff to this that I know of is from Perry Husband at Hitting is a Guess. He started out as a hitting guy and is has now crossed over into the pitching side with his "filthy" pitching books.

He gets into pitch "tunnels" for pitch recognition. I have to go dig out the books to see which one he gets into the details most, but I know book three is the best overall.
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Corral:
Why would I want to help out hitters?

I spoke with a gentleman who I believe is one of the best guys out there for working with baseball player's minds. It is in the works as we speak. Andy McKay at Sacramento City College has the firmest grip on what it takes. You want clarity, seek him out.

Just kidding on my first question. :-)

LOL, when I first looked at the video, my first thought was "STOP helping the pitchers!!"

Thanks for the tip.
quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
NDD,

While not exactly visualization the closest stuff to this that I know of is from Perry Husband at Hitting is a Guess. He started out as a hitting guy and is has now crossed over into the pitching side with his "filthy" pitching books.

He gets into pitch "tunnels" for pitch recognition. I have to go dig out the books to see which one he gets into the details most, but I know book three is the best overall.
Many thanks coach.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.