Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Like TR and MAM mentioned where are you? Is he high academic or not? D1,2 or 3 prospect? (be honest) I would take a slightly different tack, don’t make this random, be focused, since he is a 2011 you have to be. What schools is he interested in? Has he communicated with them? Either way he should send them his HS schedule first and ask his top 5-10 where they go to see players. Find events where they go and make sure he lets them know he is going to be there. Once you come back with some answers we can help direct you to the appropriate events. “For sure’s” are Area Code, & Arizona Fall Classic.
SKcanes, welcome to high school baseball web, it's a great place of knowledge sharing.

In response to your question, here are my thoughts (for what little they may be worth). Some of the events you've mentioned are things which you can sign up for and play in. Other events you've menioned, Tournament of Stars, Area Code tryouts, any of the national teams run by USA Baseball, are things for which you cannot sign up. The only way to participate in those is by invitation, and there are relatively few spots allocated for the number of aspiring baseball players who'd like to do those things. I don't want to discourage you, but players can't just sign up for most of these things.

I'd suggest your son work as hard as possible in the classroom to maximize his opportunities, and get on the best caliber travel/college development team that you can find. Those are the first steps, and after that you can sign up for some of these showcases. I'd highly recommend Perfect Game's showcases, and think they set the standard for all the others.
If invited to the Tournament of Stars I strongly encourage you to go. The college coaches and scouts are packed in and it's quite an experience. It's real baseball, not a showcase event. The coaches play to win. (Your better off being on a bad team so you see some of the weaker pitchers!)Another big one and the one that seems to have the best impact is the Under Armour All American Tournament. The players from this seem to really advance over everyone even more so than AFLAC.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.