Skip to main content

quote:
Not any star, I only want a baseball Star. Because I am in such a deep believe. It's even deeper than believing in God!!

I can only hope you dont truely believe this........

But to offer you an opinion, since you have said you never played baseball, is to reveal to you how difficult the goal you are setting for your child is.......

Baseball is a pyramid.......and to get to the very top requires the vast majority of all who compete to fall by the wayside.....there are literally hundreds of thousands of players each year who strive to make it to the next level be it LL, PONY, HS, College or Pro......and believe it or not...success at one level is NOT a Guarantee of success at the next level.......

Many a great 12 year old is an also ran at 15.......and many a great HS player never makes it out of college.....even the NCAA runs television commercials saying that most all of its players in all sports go Pro in something other than sports....

Even this website mirrors that reality......many posters come along in the process and leave when the baseball dream comes to an end.......what we have here is a recurring group of posters on that whirlwind ride of baseball and a group of the fortunate whose sons have made some higher advancement on to College (all levels) and Pro who hope to help by passing on their experiences....

To that end it is a wonderful place.......I would urge you to put this effort into you and your son's relationship versus all this ....then no matter what happens in the baseball end, you both will come out as a winner.....
stardad

First of all I have never been late to ANY PARTY and you can trust me on that !!!

Secondly equating the the world series of poker with your sons baseball future is VERY WEAK and says alot about your mentality.

Thirdly I am with floridafan---you are totally misguided--you are on the wrong path if in fact you are not a troll and I am not quite sure yet.

Fourthly for a guy unknowing about baseball and its nuances I find it strange that you can offer socalled "expertise" in another thread about back pain

PAL YOU ARE A SHAM !!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
Stargazer you will find that their are thosands and thousands of young talenetd players out there. Most of them never play ball past HS.
You are spouting some of the most rediculous garbage. But then again you are not the 1st. You also stike me as having no BB knowlege what so ever. If you set high standards work on your English.

First peosonal insult from this site, no wonder you are an Canadian. This Baseball site is very helpful for me. But sorry you are on my ignore list.
quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
stardad

First of all I have never been late to ANY PARTY and you can trust me on that !!!

Secondly equating the the world series of poker with your sons baseball future is VERY WEAK and says alot about your mentality.

Thirdly I am with floridafan---you are totally misguided--you are on the wrong path if in fact you are not a troll and I am not quite sure yet.

Fourthly for a guy unknowing about baseball and its nuances I find it strange that you can offer socalled "expertise" in another thread about back pain

PAL YOU ARE A SHAM !!!!!

Well, second personal attack from this site. The Back pain related with high Molecular stuff is not new. If you do some research on it you will know.
Piaa_ump: Great post, thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by piaa_ump:

Baseball is a pyramid.......and to get to the very top requires the vast majority of all who compete to fall by the wayside.....there are literally hundreds of thousands of players each year who strive to make it to the next level be it LL, PONY, HS, College or Pro......and believe it or not...success at one level is NOT a Guarantee of success at the next level.......

Many a great 12 year old is an also ran at 15.......and many a great HS player never makes it out of college.....even the NCAA runs television commercials saying that most all of its players in all sports go Pro in something other than sports....

Even this website mirrors that reality......many posters come along in the process and leave when the baseball dream comes to an end.......what we have here is a recurring group of posters on that whirlwind ride of baseball and a group of the fortunate whose sons have made some higher advancement on to College (all levels) and Pro who hope to help by passing on their experiences....

To that end it is a wonderful place.......I would urge you to put this effort into you and your son's relationship versus all this ....then no matter what happens in the baseball end, you both will come out as a winner.....

The good thing is, you can always quit before the minor league level to have a great life. So what to lose if you set the goal high.
quote:
Originally posted by floridafan:
You really need to encourage your son to get a top rate education first. If he has half the gonads as you he will do very well in business. Perhaps, the two of you would then be able to combine your assets and buy the Marlins.

Thanks floridafan. Sorry I am not rich enough to buy the Marlins, because my Dad didn't set that goal for me when I was a kids. Just kidding. This website is amazing, a lot of decent people with ton's of baseball knowleges. I like it very much. I will be here for a long time. I will tell you guys if my son make it or not in about 4 years. Thanks again.
Last edited by StarDad
stardad

No personal attack---just a statement

The fact that you now want to call posts "personal attacks" tells me something about you and should tell others the same thing

You, pal are a sham and want to stir the pot---you have done research on the back pain situation but none on baseball and monies in the draft--- LMAO ---you are a troll--what names have you used on other sites?
Hey StarDad - welcome aboard. And the greatest bit of truth as a father to be garnered here is - Enjoy the ride, it will come to an end for every player some day. And especially enjoy the High School years. My Son is heading off to college after this his final year. This will be the last opportunity that I really have to see him play every game. It is a bittersweet time. Enjoy the ride!
quote:
stardad

You, pal are a sham and want to stir the pot---you have done research on the back pain situation but none on baseball and monies in the draft--- LMAO ---you are a troll--what names have you used on other sites?

In the internet world, the worst thing can happen is that people don't trust eachother. You call me a troll, please give me any evidents. The reason I did the research on back pain is because that happened to my son, is this personal enough? During one tournament game last year, my son drank a bottle of multi-B enery drink before game, he is doing great during the game. But after the game, he start to feel back pain. We went to the Dr the next day, they found nothing wrong with the MRI. It last exactly two weeks, at the worse time he can not walk straight. Later I found out all the kidney related back pain. And how the high molecular chemicals can hurt your kidney and produce musle pull like back pain. Since then, no more such energy drink for him, this never happen again. Just my personal experience posted to share with them. I don't want get into this personal level with anyone here, but since you asked, I will tell you the story.
Last edited by StarDad
quote:
Stardad

Are you related to RICO??

No, this is my first day here. I registered yesterday but I didn't received the confirmation e-mail untill today. If you have any doubt, please ask the Webmaster.

I think this is a very informative board here, best baseball message board I can find so far. By looking at your # of post, I give full respect for you. But calling a new poster a "troll" is not the way this site works. Hi, I got the info I want from
"Milo Dad". So I will see you probably on some other topics. See you later.
Last edited by StarDad
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Paw Mom:
quote:
Originally posted by Homerun04:
I could tell you that he is 6' 3" 225 lbs and hit only hit 54 homeruns this last season, but he can do better, as I told him I wanted 78 next season.

Here is his profile and his picture:

Homerun

You crack me up.

Thanks TPM, I thought that was funny too!
Great website, great people.
quote:
Originally posted by StarDad:
quote:
I could tell you that he is 6' 3" 225 lbs and hit only hit 54 homeruns this last season, but he can do better, as I told him I wanted 78 next season.

Here is his profile and his picture:

Homerun

Thank you very much. That's a amzing baseball body. He will be a great player. Don't worry he will get to the Majors.

I thought we were done with all this recruiting stuff, but there are a few teams that say they want him, but nobody is willing to pull the trigger!

We only have a few $$$,$$$,$$$ wishes! Is that too much to ask?
Hi, Tiger Paw Mom:

How do you think the odds for Cardinals making to the world series next year? I don't think they are going anywhere next year. Albert is fading away , and no good pitchers. And the best GM is gone, I really don't like their chances. I will tell you one thing, the owner of the Cardinals is a very mean guy, he won't spend a penny on free agent. I won't let my son play for the Cardinals if I were you. You know when Albert Pujors picked by the CARDs, St. Louis offered a signing bonus of just $10,000, he turned them down. Instead, Albert chose to play in the Jayhawk League, a Kansas circuit for college-age players. At the end of the summer, the Cardinals blinked, and upped their offer to $60,000. Albert accepted. Which is still a steal for the CARDs. I feel disgust by the CARDs ownership. So talent player will get their money, just matter of how long they hold out. I think your son DK should test the free agent market next year, don't ever play for the mean owner. Although I am the CARDS fan, but I don't like the ownership there at all.
quote:

I thought we were done with all this recruiting stuff, but there are a few teams that say they want him, but nobody is willing to pull the trigger!

We only have a few $$$,$$$,$$$ wishes! Is that too much to ask?

Tell the joke second time will not have the same effects as the first time. Although I have to addmit you are a very funny guy.
Last edited by StarDad
quote:
Originally posted by StarDad:
Hi, Tiger Paw Mom:

How do you think the odds for Cardinals making to the world series next year? I don't think they are going anywhere next year. Albert is fading away , and no good pitchers. And the best GM is gone, I really don't like their chances. I will tell you one thing, the owner of the Cardinals is a very mean guy, he won't spend a penny on free agent. I won't let my son play for the Cardinals if I were you. You know when Albert Pujors picked by the CARDs, St. Louis offered a signing bonus of just $10,000, he turned them down. Instead, Albert chose to play in the Jayhawk League, a Kansas circuit for college-age players. At the end of the summer, the Cardinals blinked, and upped their offer to $60,000. Albert accepted. Which is still a steal for the CARDs. I feel disgust by the CARDs ownership. So talent player will get their money, just matter of how long they hold out. I think your son DK should test the free agent market next year, don't ever play for the mean owner. Although I am the CARDS fan, but I don't like the ownership there at all.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let him know. Smile
StD:
quote:
I think football or basketball are the most favorite sports for most talented kids in Mid-West. If they all chose to play baseball, my son should have no chance to play baseball in a college.

If your son is not good enough to play college how the heck do you expect him to play pro?

And why does your posts range from broken English on some to pretty good grammar when you discuss Cardinal management?
quote:
Originally posted by trainscout:
StD:
quote:
I think football or basketball are the most favorite sports for most talented kids in Mid-West. If they all chose to play baseball, my son should have no chance to play baseball in a college.

If your son is not good enough to play college how the heck do you expect him to play pro?

And why does your posts range from broken English on some to pretty good grammar when you discuss Cardinal management?

Trainscout,
I think it was done to get my attention. And I am sure that the poster knows when one is drafted, they are bound to that organization for years.

One thing to note, some don't realize, as hard as one tries, it is pretty easy to figure out who you are.
The average minor league income is generally in the red, your not gonna make money playing in the minor leagues, you just have to play and work your way up to make more money. Baseball is a passion more than a job, look at it as you do any entertainment profession, when your a nobody your going to get paid like a nobody, but when your a Tom Cruise or Al Pacino type talent your gona get paid like one. its like anything in business, the more risk, the more reward, bottom line.
Hate to say, TR, but I'm late to this party. So here I go..

Stardad, I was hoping you could offer a little advise. I'm serious. See, I have this very unsuccessful baseball son who has absolutely no clue. He's now a senior LHP and he thinks he might have a chance at the next level, but I know better. He's terrible, he's undersized, and he's totally out of his league. I was kinda hoping, your freshman son being so good and all, if he could give my son some tips on how to be a superstar or whether he should just hang up his cleats. Your advise is appreciated.
quote:
Originally posted by Bum:
Hate to say, TR, but I'm late to this party. So here I go..

Stardad, I was hoping you could offer a little advise. I'm serious. See, I have this very unsuccessful baseball son who has absolutely no clue. He's now a senior LHP and he thinks he might have a chance at the next level, but I know better. He's terrible, he's undersized, and he's totally out of his league. I was kinda hoping, your freshman son being so good and all, if he could give my son some tips on how to be a superstar or whether he should just hang up his cleats. Your advise is appreciated.

I would suggest if he can find a college to play for, go ahead. At least get a college degree. And after college, go find a decent job. Don't ever play for the minor league. That's what I will tell my son if he is not good enough to make the top 60 draftees.
Last edited by StarDad
Link copied to your clipboard.