Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@TPM posted:

Lol GK.  We had to buy our kids cards online.

Hoping that we will have a few of our websters players drafted.

I also had to buy my son's cards online or in a few cases card collectors gave me some of their "excessive junk cards" of my son they didn't want.  True story - During the offseason I came home from work early and saw my son sitting on our recliner watching tv, table stand across his lap, with huge boxes of his card from a card company by his side.  I asked for for a few but was told they know how many they sent him so he couldn't.  He told me he has been "working" for the past 4 hours signing cards and he has 2 weeks to finish.  What a life.  Several weeks later he shows me this check saying this is his payment for the signed cards and it is roughly 1/2 of his new car he previously bought.  I am definitely in the wrong profession !!

I did a little research about PTWood's son, James. About all I can say is, "WOW!"

To answer the OP's question, the answer is eBay. I saw cards from the 2020 PG All-American Classic for a whole set; his name is there. There will be individual cards available from sellers but I didn't see one after a quick search. Otherwise I would have ordered it.

James Woods IS the real deal. There will be plenty of other cards soon enough. There are some of my kid  from a picture or two taken when he was in HS that showed up a few years after he was drafted.

I loved Trust In Him's story. It never knew how much my son was paid. A number of years ago, a AAA player told me the checks from baseball cards were very nice. My memory is probably wrong but I seem to think he said it compared with his salary. This was 1993 and AAA pay might have been less.

Oh, yeah. I bought all but a few of my son's cards online or at the team store.

Last edited by TMM_Dad

Thanks @TMM_Dad!  We have the PG cards...they give them a full set which is nice. I'm learning here that rookie cards are a totally different thing. Always learning on HSBBW!!

We love the school, the coaches and the program and Mississippi State so we will see how everything plays out (especially after he had a rough March). The move of the draft to July also creates an interesting conundrum for HSers...what to do between the end of their season and July. That's what we will be figuring out once his HS season ends in a couple of weeks!

@PTWood posted:

Thanks @TMM_Dad!  We have the PG cards...they give them a full set which is nice. I'm learning here that rookie cards are a totally different thing. Always learning on HSBBW!!

We love the school, the coaches and the program and Mississippi State so we will see how everything plays out (especially after he had a rough March). The move of the draft to July also creates an interesting conundrum for HSers...what to do between the end of their season and July. That's what we will be figuring out once his HS season ends in a couple of weeks!

The PG cards are great. I got a couple from the 2019 All American Game. If you guys have any extras of James.... let me know! I’ve started a bit of a PG card collection lately.

Last edited by 2025prospect

I also had to buy my son's cards online or in a few cases card collectors gave me some of their "excessive junk cards" of my son they didn't want.  True story - During the offseason I came home from work early and saw my son sitting on our recliner watching tv, table stand across his lap, with huge boxes of his card from a card company by his side.  I asked for for a few but was told they know how many they sent him so he couldn't.  He told me he has been "working" for the past 4 hours signing cards and he has 2 weeks to finish.  What a life.  Several weeks later he shows me this check saying this is his payment for the signed cards and it is roughly 1/2 of his new car he previously bought.  I am definitely in the wrong profession !!

All true. They keep track of all the cards. No freebies for family.

My son still has cards online. When they reach the 40 man they get pics in team uniform. That was fun. There is one company online that will send you cards, and even sold us his first plate from his first card series.

Card deals are worth money in the bank.

We are rooting for James! It’s fun to “know” his mom.

Good luck to him and anyone else here on the board who may hear their name called. Even being close to in consideration is a massive accomplishment especially with all the challenges of the past year.  And we so appreciate hearing the insider view to how it all works too.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.