Skip to main content

On May 2, it was Whitney Young over Lincoln Park at Oz Park 12-2. Nate Kamin was the winning pitcher.

On May 3 it was Whitney Young over Schurz at Dolphin field in the West Loop, 15-0. Jason Ormond was the winning pitcher; 3 IP, 0 Runs, 0 Hits, 5-K's. 1-BB. Jack Cinamon batting in the number two spot opened up the game with a Home Run.

On May 4, Young faces Simeon at Dolphin field.

On May 5, Young plays Kenwood at Dolphin field.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Fastball,

You are, for sure, coming off as more of jerk than the person you are attacking for being, in your opinion, a jerk.

How old are you?

Same for all of you folks who seem to follow Ormand around just to take shots at him. Do you realize how stupid it makes you guys look? Seriously, Ormand starts threads and posts comments that may be objectionable in many people's eyes and you guys just eat it up.

Are you really that starved for action in your lives?

You guys look exactly like a bunch of kids on Myspace trading bickers about "who said what", exactly. Pathetic.

So far, in the last few weeks, two threads have been closed..the Sophomore Score thread and the Honors society thread. They were closed because you guys, who can't seem to resist reading Ormands posts, decided to persist in your attacking and mocking of his posts. those threads were just fine for what they were, if you didn't like them then just skip 'em.

This is a High School baseball forum..Is that why you feel the need to act like a bunch of High Schoolers? You really set a questionable example and I feel that the Moderators are not doing their job properly here. Part of being a Moderator is being objective and I suspect that this principle is not being adhered to in this ongoing drama boy, tit for tat demonstration. Lame.
Just a note for the "adults" on this forum. As you may have noticed, there are very few high school players who are contributing to this forum any longer. When I first came to this forum several years ago many players were contributing, updating people on their team and getting into the discussions. My son, for one, does not even come to the forum to contribute (as he used to) or read the posts anymore. When I asked him why, he said that it is because all that is on this forum now is adults arguing or trying to prove how much more they know than everyone else. It serves him absolutely no purpose he says.

I think that this is truly a very sad statement as to what this forum has become. Just like what happens at many little league baseball games; the adults ruining it for the kids. Please think about this when you are making your posts and what kind of example this is setting for the student/athletes that this forum should be most helpful or informative to. Just step back and take a look sometime.
quote:
Originally posted by Coho:
Fastball,

You are, for sure, coming off as more of jerk than the person you are attacking for being, in your opinion, a jerk.

How old are you?

Same for all of you folks who seem to follow Ormand around just to take shots at him. Do you realize how stupid it makes you guys look? Seriously, Ormand starts threads and posts comments that may be objectionable in many people's eyes and you guys just eat it up.

You guys look exactly like a bunch of kids on Myspace trading bickers about "who said what", exactly. Pathetic.

So far, in the last few weeks, two threads have been closed..the Sophomore Score thread and the Honors society thread. They were closed because you guys, who can't seem to resist reading Ormands posts, decided to persist in your attacking and mocking of his posts. those threads were just fine for what they were, if you didn't like them then just skip 'em.

This is a High School baseball forum..Is that why you feel the need to act like a bunch of High Schoolers? You really set a questionable example and I feel that the Moderators are not doing their job properly here. Part of being a Moderator is being objective and I suspect that this principle is not being adhered to in this ongoing drama boy, tit for tat demonstration. Lame.

semi-

Or, start your own thread with something a little more interesting.
On May 4, at Dolphin Field it was Young over Simeon 10-0 in 5 innings. The winning pitcher was lefty Andrew Platt who allowed only one hit. 0 Runs, 1 Hit, 8-K's, 2-BB.

The hits for Young were from Jack Cinamon-2 for 3-Triple and a Single; Einebohn Caberara - 2 for 3 Double and a Grand Slam Home Run for 6 RBI's; Jason Ormond-Single-RBI; Eli Boyer-Single-RBI; Nate Kamin-Single-RBI; Brandon-Single.

Kenwood tomorrow at Young.

Coach Stringer, I just checked and you are absolutely right, Lane is on the schedule.....We have not been looking that far ahead, but Young will be at Lane on May 7. It should be a good game. No problem posting either way it goes.
Last edited by mark ormond
quote:
Originally posted by Coho:
Fastball,

How old are you?

Coho,
In order to make that post, you have to turn your back on all the advice you give in it and become all the objectionable things you rant that others are.

Just an observation from a potential "you guys".
On May 5 in the West Loop, it was Whitney Young over Hyde Park 16-5 in 5 Innings. Kurt Rouder was the winning pitcher.

Young recorded 10 hits as Jack Cinamon went 2 for 3 with a Double and a Single-RBI; Dai Bowden-Double-2 RBI; Einebohn Caberera-Single-2 RBI; Jason Ormond 2 Singles-3 RBI; Eli Boyer-Single 2 RBI; Nate Kamin Single; Stephen Gianoni-RBI; Andrew Platt 2 Singles-RBI.

Highlights of the game included two Young Double Plays. In the Fourth Inning 3-5-2 - Ormond-Boyer-Gianoni and in the Fifth Inning to end the game, it was a 5-4-3 Boyer-Cinamon-Ormond Double Play.

On Monday at Horner Park the two undefeated CPS Sophomore teams, Young and Lane will meet.

Next Week Young faces Lane, Harlan, and University of Chicago Lab High School.
quote:
Originally posted by SeedThrower:
Aren't sophomores that are worth their salt already playing varsity?

"Got to be a Joker, he just do what he please.....and he say,....."one and one and one makes three!"

Hey Joker......"Well, I just had to laugh." I see them all of the time. "They made the grade," and they are just sitting on the bench and are are being told to watch and to pay attention. These players are sitting on the bench to take note of how the big boys play and to learn. Maybe they get to do the score book and keep the stats. That is a real kick in the pants.

OK, so it is a real privilege to say your kid is on the Varsity Squad and is sitting. The Coach plays the Juniors and Seniors and those very privileged Sophomores "who made the grade," are hardly getting any at bats for the season.

You gotta play this game to get better! Sitting on the bench is just that,...it is called the bench for a reason.

"I know you....you know me."

To sit on the bench for the varsity compared to playing everyday for the sophmore, sorry I would say play for the sophmore team. Seedthrower, as far as any sophmore worth anything already playing varsity I guess it would depend on the school and situation. I don't know what size school you or your son go to but some of these schools with 3500-5ooo kids can be pretty tough to move up.
Seedthrower,

You must have been watching that baseball movie on cable today.......Hardball with Keanu Reeves.

A REAL story, filmed in Chicago....Lots of crazy stuff is featured in this true story movie. Watch it and by the end of this puppy, you will be wondering if this stuff can really happen. Anyway the movie is out of left field and for some the story line may seem more than a bit odd. But I guess it all happened.

If you have got nothing to do and didn't have a game to watch, well then maybe you saw it or perhaps you should rent it and watch it. The movie is all based on a true story (and a book entitled "Hardball: A Season in the Projects" by Daniel Coyle).

Now how about that coach!
"Helter Skelter..... Helter Skelter....Helter Skelter..... AGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thought that a more appropriate Beatles quote for this thread. And yes, Thrower, I can think of quite a few sophs that are playing Varsity and are NOT sitting on the bench. In fact, some of them are making quite an impact. So to give the implication that Freshmen and Sophmores on Varsity teams are doing nothing but collecting splinters is erroneous, and reeks of jealousy (or perhaps some other ailment).
Mark,

I'm having a tough time connecting the dots here on your recent posts.
1. If a hs coach brings up a freshman or sophomore to varsity, to me that means he is probably better than the juniors and seniors in that particular program. Otherwise why bring the youngster up? Let him stay at jv level and get the playing time.

If you want your kids to learn some things about the game of baseball, have them sit down on Sunday night and watch ESPN game of the week. The whole game. Listen to what Joe Morgan has to say, that guy has a wealth of knowledge he gives every week, but you have to sit and listen. I used to LOVE to sit and listen to Steve Stone when he did Cub games. It was always like a teaching lesson listening to Steve, he always would talk about the little things that the average person would miss. And if he made a prediction about what would happen in the game or what the manager would do in a certain situation, he was right 95% of the time. Kids can learn A LOT by watching and listening.

2. What would watching a movie about a guy who coaches in the projects have to do with anything? Do you really think a college coach or pro scout gives a rip if a kid in from the projects in Chicago, the back woods of Kentucky or a high profile hs in Florida? If the kid was taught the game the proper way, has the tools, has the right attitude and has projectability those are the things that matter. To me,you play that inner city kid card a little too much. I don't give a rip where a kid is from. Does he have baseball in his heart? Or is it just the game he plays when its in season?

I couldn't care less that you coach just inner city kids, you coach kids and for that you deserve an "attaboy"! Anyone who takes their time to coach kids from anyplace deserves that. But if you are doing it to just promote yourself, your kid, or to say I'm helping inner city kids, well, that says something else. And that can hang over your head like a big neon sign.
At Horner Park (Irving Park Road and California) on the main diamond it was Whitney Young over Lane Tech 5-3 this afternoon. Both teams played well. The Winning Pitcher for Young was Nate Kamin; 6-IP, 3 Runs, 3 Hits, 5-K's, 2-BB, HBP. Making an appearance and getting the Save was Gabe Henriques who recorded 2-K's coming in to pitch in the 7th Inning for the final three outs. The final out of the game was a U-3.

Dai Bowden opened up the game and put Young in the lead in his very first at bat with a 3 RBI Homerun. Young got it going quick and never looked back. Other hits came from Henriques-Single; Andrew Platt going 2 for 3 with two Singles; Eli Boyer-Single; Nate Kamin-Single and a Sac Fly from Cinnamon which scored a run.

Other game highlights included a 4-6-3 Cinamon-Henriques-Ormond Double Play in the 2nd Inning; there were 2 outstanding plays at Shortstop in the 4th from the glove of Henriques which were real show stoppers. Einebohn Caberara was stellar in Center Field and Platt in Right Field made a key play in the 1st Inning to stop a Lane run from scoring with a great throw to the cutoff man which was relayed to the catcher, Eric Short to nail the runner at home plate.

Young scored its 5 Runs on 6 Hits and 1 Error. Lane scored 3 Runs on 4 Hits and 3 Errors.

The win was big, and gives Young home field advantage through the CPL playoffs. Young goes up against Harlan tomorrow. Then it is University of Chicago High and Fenwick are next.
Whitney Young Girls Varsity S****r advances to the City Championship with a big 4-3 win over Northside Prep. Northside was stunned losing a 3-0 lead in the second half. Young plays at UIC on Wednesday night at 7:00 pm under the lights against Lincoln Park.

The UIC s****r field is located adjacent to the Les Miller Varsity Baseball Field.

Baseball, Basketball and S****r are the big time sports at UIC.
Last month, just before Easter the body of Whitney Young student, Chris Pineda was discovered. He was a senior looking forward to his graduation and then attending UIC. He was savagely beaten.

In an attempt to find who killed Chris, the Pineda Family has begun a fund to offer a reward to find the killers. The reward amount has now been increased to $11,000.

Those with any information should call Cook County Crime Stoppers at 1 800 525 STOP. A web site with current developments is maintained at:
http://www.wyoung.org/pineda/?rn=7344516
On the home field of Harlan Academy, Abbot Park (95th & Michigan) Young rolled to a 14-0 Win. Young now heads into the playoffs as the conference champ and the top seed for the second consecutive year with the same core group of players. Jason Ormond was the winning pitcher; 5-IP; 0 Runs, 1 Hit, 8-K's, 1-BB, 1-HBP.

There was plenty of run support as Young scored its 14 Runs on 13 Hits and 6 E's. The lead off hitter Gabe Henriques went 2 for 4 with two Singles-RBI; Jack Cinamon 2 for 4 with a Single and a Double-2 RBI; Dai Bowden-Single; Einebohn Caberera-Single; Ormond 3 for 4 with two Singles and a Triple, 2-RBI; Eli Boyer-Double-RBI; Nate Kamin-Triple-RBI; Eric Schreiber two for three Single-RBI and a Triple-RBI. Giononi did a great job behind the plate and other highlights included Eli Boyer who successfully executed a squeeze play and stealing home in the second and Dai Bowden stealing home in the fourth.

University of Chicago High at Jackson Park tomorrow and Fenwick are coming up.
Sultiger,

You seem to be a good guy...why bother. I am very disappointed now with the guy who asked ny son speak to some of his team members about academics and goal achievements after a Skyliner game at UIC last summer. I was very impressed with the man I met that night. Maybe two men represent the same name.

LSC.....

Thanks for taking the time last summer.

If I remember correctly your son was pitching in a Skyliner game and attends the University of Chicago and plays on their baseball team. It was definitely me on that July afternoon day at the UIC North Field. I was with Frank Gowder and a few other players watching the game. My best personal regards to you as well.

By the way, Sull is a nice guy, he was one of my son's first "real" baseball coaches and he coached him at the beginning when he was pitching and playing the infield at Welles Park (2000-2002). Sull told it, "like it was" and this bothered many parents. They did not want their little Johnny to be told he was not doing something right. Consequently, many parents quit and took their kid elsewhere to play. His coaching was on the spot and on point. The kid either listened or he didn't. And those that didn't usually quit the team. How the years fly by as this was when my son was 9-11 and also played on his Warriors travel team. Since then he has had many talented baseball coaches including J.P. Carey, Dave Rosene, Ted Krga and Mike Krga.

Eli Boyer is another product of that era of play at Welles Park. There are many good ballplayers that are now beginning to emerge from that Welles Park group and I can count many other Chicago urban parks where good baseball is being played in the third largest city in the country. I knew they were out there and went looking for many of them over the years. There are many standout CPS players including Ryan Williams at Simeon, Uli Ortiz and Carlos Ruiz at Lakeview. The list goes on.

After today's game at Jackson Park, I will be heading to UIC to watch Young play Lincoln Park for a City Championship. I have two Daughters so I have more than baseball going on. Figure Skating at Saddle and Cycle anyone? My sincere apologies if this thread bothers any one.

It is a new world and times are changing.

"You won't get anything unless you have the vision to imagine it." ~ John Lennon
i dont know why everyone bashes this guy Mark for he aint doing anything wrong except reporting scores for a certain high school i always thought this was HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL WEB? not SUBURBAN HIGH SCHOOL WEB but i bet if anyone else reported a suburban sophomore score that was 14-0 no one would say shi* about it he aint doing nothing wrong and people wanna critize right away about a margin of vitory or why is he posting a score the margin of victory is something you cant control in the CPS and him posting a score and highlights is not breaking any rules just posting thats all
On Friday, May 10 the winds of change were blowing as Whitney Young got the win over Fenwick 10-4. The winning pitcher was the lefty Andrew Platt and getting the save was Gabe Henriques.

Jason Ormond (3 for 4) opened up the scoring with a 3 Run RBI Triple in the opening frame which put Young on the scoreboard first. The shortstop Gabe Henriques went 2 for 4 with a Single and a Double-2 RBI; Dai Bowden went 2 for 4 with 2 Singles and reached every time; Einebohn Caberera had a Single; Eli Boyer and Nate Kamin each had a Sac Fly RBI's; Eric Schreiber Single-RBI; and Steven Gianon had a Single-RBI.

Young scored 10 Runs on 7 Hits and 2-E's. Fenwick scored 4 Runs on 3 Hits and 1-E.
On Saturday May 19, the Whitney Young Sophmores face Harlan in the Semifinals for the 2007 CPL City Championship. The top seeded Dolphins got a first round bye and have advanced to the semi's with victories over Taft and Mather. Game time is 11:00 am at Kenwood baseball field in Hyde Park which is located at 47th and Lake Shore Drive. The winner advances to the Sophomore City Championship game which will be played next week at Northeastern Illinois University.

Later in the day the Whitney Young Varsity squad faces off against Clemente in the Semifinals for the Chicago Public League City Championship. The game will be played at Brooks and game time is at 5:30 pm.

The Chicago Public League City Championship game will be played at Wrigley Field on Monday.
Link copied to your clipboard.