Skip to main content

From StageDad9

quote:
Have to agree with J Kennedy-Gurnee.

Mark, just look at the number of your Clubbers playing on varsity teams and are starting or making significant contributions.

Number 9,

After winning the Sophomore City Championship yesterday, the following Class of 2009 Sophomore players are now being pulled up to play for the Young Varsity for the IHSA Playoffs. Young is at Brooks Field on Saturday at 1:00 pm and they will be playing Brooks.

* Dai Bowden
* Jack Cinoman
* Gabe Henriques
* Jason Ormond

All are alumni of Clubbers Chicago. So you are quite right, there are a lot of Clubbers who are now playing up as Sophomores on Varsity. SD, wrap your mind around this, by my count there are 9 Sophomores from Clubbers who are now playing up a level.

What a Revolution, Number 9!....Number 9!...Number 9!

There is Burrage at Rita, Koehne at Marist, Moldonado at Oak Park, Pedro Rosa at Young, Dorsey at Simeon and now you can add these four top level players to the "Sophomores On Varsity" list.

The Number is 9!
Last edited by mark ormond
quote:
From StageDad9

quote:
Have to agree with J Kennedy-Gurnee.

Mark, just look at the number of your Clubbers playing on varsity teams and are starting or making significant contributions.

Number 9,

Just came accross another Clubber alumni on Varsity in IHSA Playoffs and making his first IHSA playoff appearance. Ethan Bluementhal, a Freshman at Jones College Prep is playing up on varsity. Jones won its IHSA Regional today in a well played game against Harlan and will next play Young in the Sectionals which begin next week at Mount Carmel.

SD, that now makes 10 Chicago Clubbers from our elite program who are now playing up a level and in the spotlight. The evolution of talent just takes time to develop. But with good coaching and a nurturing approach good things come to those who work hard at this game.

I am not sure why these kids having their success gets your goat. But, I did appreciate the Private Message you sent me in which you vomited out your raging frustration, disgust and displeasure with our elite level Chicago Clubbers program and the success these kids are now having. As I mentioned I am happy to chat with you about whatever your issues might be.

I've Got a Feeling that there are more elite level Sophomore Players yet to come! I offerred to meet with you face to face and hear out your concerns. However, in the face of dialogue you suddenly did not want to reveal your identity and then you went silent. It is easy to trash people as an annonymous poster. I know a few others like that.

So do you want to come out of the shadows and reveal your true identity?

Number 9....Number 9.....Number 9!

I've Got A Feeling - Lennon and McCartney from side two of the album ~ Let It Be
Mark,

I'm sure you have some very talented baseball players on your team. However, being pulled up onto varsity for the playoff does not equate to being "in the spotlight". Usually these players are there to help out, bullpen catch, and possibly pinch run. This is not to take anything away from the players...they will have their chance to contribute on varsity in the years to come and will most likely be very successful...but you are stating the facts in quite a misleading way.

Secondly, for some reason I'm not surprised that "good coaching and a nurturing approach" was cited as a major cause for their success. It seems that one of your goals on this site is the sophistic inflation of your program. You try to equate yourself with other "elite" travel programs. I'm sure your team is good. The difference is that you talk about your program, but other elite programs are talked about by people not involved in the program. You do your talking in a chatroom and the other elite teams do their talking on the field. I know who wins in my book.

Alex Gallan
Mark,

How very admirable of you to admit that your goal is simply to glorify your program. This isn't about the internet...it was the same way when I met you last summer after playing a Skyscraper game at UIC. This is about spewing promotional garbage to everyone on this site day after day. Although WY is undoubtedly a great school, after all this I would be very hesitant to send a future child there for reason of having to spend four years of his or her life in the type of atmosphere that you have demonstrated for all of us here on this site. You tried to promote the school, but (and I know I do not speak for all) I am sure many people on this site have only become turned off and gained a negative perspective of WY. Congratulations.

Time to go to the Sox Game just in case the rain stops.
Before you go......I have another Song suggestion from the Beatles incredible songbook....."Jealous Guy" it is a wonderful song written and performed by John Lennon which first appeared on his 1971 album Imagine. Although self-explanatory, the subject of the song is Lennon not only apologizing to Yoko for his jealousy, but also to explain it away by saying "That's how I am..." The lyrics at the end of the song reflect this: "I'm just a Jealous Guy - watch out/look out."

So perhaps it is now time for some self-reflection......The Young baseball program just swept City and today won its Regional and is developing into a Big Time Program. We are on a wave that has not hit its crescendo yet. So let us have our day in the sun. Every kid on the roster of the teams in the IHSA playoffs just got listed in the record books. If they won their Region there was a trophy presentation, pitures, words of congratulations, coaches getting showered with buckets of water/gatorade and a whole lot more. No matter the individual contribution, for every player who was there it meant a lot. There is a lot of animosity on this site. I understand that. As parents we are allowed to promote for our kids high school. In every situation I know of there is a very involved baseball parent behind their baseball son. So jealousy does seem to be an undercurrent. It truly seems to apply to many on this web site. Can't we all just get along?

Anyway, back to my passion, there are few people who realize just how popular this song is as it is one of the most commonly covered Lennon songs, with nearly one hundred recorded cover versions by musicians like Donny Hathaway, the Black Crowes, Jeff Tweedy, Peter Criss (of KISS), and Cueshe. The most notable of the non-Lennon recordings were by Roxy Music and the Faces.

By the way how is it over at University High?

A lot of really talented students just transferred from U High to Young so it really can't be all that bad over there........is it?
Parent 65

Are you a parent who still owes player fees or did not return a uniform? Ask any coach of a youth team, among the many problems that are faced when running a team is getting the youth baseball fees paid and then getting the uniforms back at the end of the season. That is just the beginning and the end. In the middle the problems only intensify. Since most parents never even show up at the games, they are bending your ear on the telephone finding something to complain about. It is usually complaints about playing time, where little Johnny is sent to play, and if he is constructively criticized the parent may even threaten to sue! I have even had parents complain that a paid coach used a bad word when talking to a player. Oh MY, he used a bad word! How insensitive!

That is why personal liability insurance is always very much needed. My teams have always been covered to the tune of a $1 Million. There are so many social ills in our society that litigation is so often the answer for so many people. That is such a shame. There are always chronic complainers and grumbling in the stands and then they always want to stay anonymous. It is really a lot like so many on this board.

I can only imagine the riff raff that a high school coach endures for not a lot of pay. I personally know and work with several of them and what they tell me that they most dislike about the parent contingent is the noise that is always running below the surface. If you have a complaint and are a parent I sugggest you have the guts to show your face to the coach and allow the coach personally address your issue head on. Be forewarned, however that you may not like the answer.

After more than 10 years of running teams it is all very hard for me to understand. I have heard every excuse under the sun. So we still have uniforms that are still outstanding nearly one year after the fact. So there is plenty of time left to settle the score. Communications have been put out there. If you are one of these parents, just give me call.

What I know is that once you get in the game you will have critics and when you are winning the jealousy factor only intensifies. Young's Magical Mystery Tour continues as they play on Thursday in Sectionals. So the high school season for Young is not over yet! How about yours? Are you done?

As far as music is concerned there is so much to be learned from the words and lyrics of songs. Young has a wonderful music department and it was just last week (the day before he pitched a no-hitter) I watched my son perform in a Whitney Young piano recital. Not a huge part, but I was very impressed with the abundance of music talent at Young. One talented student is going to be attending the University of Chicago on a music scholarship! You know there is so much to be learned. It is not all about hitting a baseball!

I am glad all of my threads are so popular and stimulate discusson. I am an e-commerce marketing consultant so I know the advertisers love it! So contact me and I will help you build a web site that will drive hits and clicks and generate e-commerce dollars.

Come on Moderators, Lets all be helping Julie keep the ad revenues going and keep those hits and clicks coming. There are a lot of itches that one can't stop scratching.

It is easy to promote a good thing and the Whitney Young brand is a very good thing!
Sparky,

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is not an album cover!

Let me help you out on this one.......Twinkle is one of the most popular English nursery rhymes. I am a rocker and not too into nursery rhymes. How about you? Anyway the last time that I recall that we chatted you were complaining about some injustice of how the Sparks were wronged on the UIC baseball diamond and I just could not follow it. Anyway that one was settled on the UIC baseball diamond and you then went away silenced and we have not chatted since. Weren't you ahead in the 7th inning and then somehow managed to lose it? Baseball rivalries are good for the game, but they just never go away!

Although I did see you when the Sparks were playing a couple of games against the DuPage Diamondbacks at CABA last year. How did those games work out for you? The Clubbers played on the same field after your disappointing loss to DuPage. Your game went on forever and I wondered if it was going to end! Our game began immedialtely after and that was at about 11:00 pm. We played Team Conneticut and won our game after you lost yours. We ended that game at about 2:00 am in the morning. It was a wild one and those East Coast guys were sure sore losers! Some did not even want to shake our hands. I guess it may have been because we were not all lilly white.

The next morning we were back at CABA at 9:00 am to play Puerto Rico and won that game. Our game time was so early I even arranged for a limousine to pick up the guys from Lockport because no parent rides were available. I wish I had my camera! Anyway, that was not the first time I had players chauffered to a game because the parents were not available to drive. Twice at UIC we had taxis shuttling in players so we could play our games. There were a lot of parents at the game, but no one offerred to drive so we just waited until the taxi's arrived. Then there was kinda crazy parent behavior as one set of parents even complained about why the game was not starting on time! You certainly can't please them all.

Back to your favorite song,..... Twinkle, Twinkle combines the tune of the 1761 French melody "Ah ! vous dirai-je, Maman" with an English poem, "The Star", by Jane Taylor. The poem, which is in couplet form, was first published in 1806 in Rhymes for the Nursery, a collection of poems by Taylor and her sister Ann.

Now this fact may rock your mind.....it is a misconception that every set of words to this Twinkle tune could be qualified as nursery rhymes. The original French version of the text was so ribald that it was not intended for children's ears; In those versions a young girl confides a secret to her mother: that she has been seduced by "Silvandre". So don't get caught singing that one to your grandchild. In one of softer versions of the Twinkle lyrics the young girl apparently did make a narrow escape ("Je m'échappai par bonheur"]), in other versions of Twinkle, the girl appears to have been "beaten" by L'Amour ("Love").

Oh MY! Those songs about love hurting. They getcha every time.

Hope this helps!
Mark,
I was at the game against Connecticut, stayed to the very end, saw the fog roll in and out twice, however I can't say that the Clubbers represented class and dignity, I distinctly remember a player dropping the ball in front of his coach while he was being removed. Is this the Clubber team you speak so high of? From an outsiders perspective, Connecticut handled themselves with far greater class.
Playball,

That player was removed from the pitchers mound and did not comeback to play. We won the game with him dejected and outside of our dugout for the rest of that game. We did our best to manage teenage angst and emotion in a big game. We had only ten players players and because he was in the lineup we had to take an take an out every time he came up in the order for the rest of that game as we we submitted our roster batting 10. He is a Latin player and came back to play the next day against Puerto Rico and performed flawlessly!

Head Coach Ted Kurga cannot control the raging emotions of a youngster who wants to win so badly. Why are you calling this kid out? We won over the best from the State of Conneticut, they were shocked and could not get over it!

State of Conneticut lost to Clubbers Chicago. I just checked the book on that game and our roster was Gabe Irazzary (Guerrin), Gabe Henriques (Young), Ryan Williams (Simeon), Pedro Rosa (Young), Carlito Ruiz (Lakeview), Jason Ormond (Young), Chris DeLara (St. Joe's), Joe Tripikolotikas (Lockport), Mike Wachowiak (Lockport), Frank Gowder (Young).

Now you get over it or do YOU want to name the kid next?!!!

So much jealousy it reeks!
quote:
Number 9,

quote:
quote:
From StageDad9

quote:
Have to agree with J Kennedy.

I just came accross another Clubber alumni on Varsity in IHSA Playoffs and making his first IHSA playoff appearance. Gabe Irazzary, a standout Sophomore at Guerrin is playing up on varsity. The Guerrin vs. Lane Regional was postponed yesterday because of rain.

SD, that now makes 11 Chicago Clubbers from our elite program who are now playing up a level and in the spotlight.

I've Got a Feeling that there are more elite level Sophomore Players yet to come!

So do you want to come out of the shadows and reveal your true identity?

I spoke with Coach Dave Rosene , Director of our Clubbers-Chicago program, just yesterday and he told me that our success was that we consistently recruited outstanding players, but what impressed him the most was that to a player was that these are also great kids.

Stay tuned these Class of 2009 players are now just getting started!

Number 9....Number 9.....Number 9!

I've Got A Feeling - Lennon and McCartney from side two of the album ~ Let It Be
Mark whose the stalker? Why don't you quit harrassing me? Maybe a better question is, when are you going to give those poor kids their savings bonds? I'm not a music buff, but I do like movies and you sort of remind me of the character portrayed by Jackie Gleason in the 1983 movie The Toy.

Let's make a deal. Tell when the Clubbers play their next game and I'll come and introduce myself to you.
I will let you know!

Happy to talk to you Stage Dad.....once again just give me a call.

Clubbers coaches are meeting in the next few weeks and we will figure something out. I committed to Coach Cassidy that Jason would be completely focused on Young baseball and attending his out of state camps.

Much more important things are up and coming. Right now the focus is entirely on Whitney Young. At least 18 IHSA summer games are coming up and the Dolphins are playing next on Thursday in the IHSA Sectionals.

I will be wearing my Tangerine Orange......I really hope to see all of you there!

Creme Tangerine and montelimar.....
A Ginger Sling with a Pineapple Heart.....
A coffee dessert,.....Yes you know it's good news

But you'll have to have them all pull out
after the Savoy Truffle

Savoy Truffle - George Harrison
© 1968 Northern Songs. All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured.
I don't like to feed in to this weird exchange, but No. 9 on the Clubbers as a 12 year old was Josh Levy. He played varsity as a freshman and sophomore and this year was named all-conference in the CSL North as a catcher.

Incidently his High School, Niles North along with sister school Niles West was named the number one Fine Arts program in the country. It is the first public high school to receive that honor. Too bad we can't combine the baseball teams like the fine arts, we would be serious contenders.
And why, Mark, Tell Me Why you feel the need to insinuate a feeling of jealousy from me in regards to you, WY, or the Clubbers? Please clear it up for us. Tell me why you think you are better than everyone else on this site. Tell me what it is that you have - that you understand - that the rest of us don't. Please enlighten.

There's no reason for me to be jealous of your players. I've played on teams with the Kevin Dublers, Ian Bergers, Tanner Roarks, Matt McFollings, and Phil Wunderlichs of the world. It was great and I wish your players the same luck.

PS - Please do not give me a drawn-out ramble about the Beatles song Tell me why .
Nothing weird about giving kids recognition Sam. Way to go Josh!

Numbers 12 and 13 playing up as Sophomores and alumni from Clubbers Chicago are:

Josh Levy - Niles North
Christian Hickman - Simeon

Thanks for contributing!

Alex, on a long Memorial Day weekend without baseball why not recognize up and coming ballplayers.

Come Together and Best personal regards!
Could someone, who personally knows Mark Ormond, please fill us in on what the hell is going on with that guy? I personally cannot believe that he is as big of a douche bag as he seems to be on this website. If he was, someone would have beat the hell out of him by now. My guess is that he is probably a nice guy who we might actually like if we met him in person and that he is just an internet A hole who likes to yank peoples chains and get them going. He is, by the way doing a very good job of that. What gives with the "weird one" this Mr. Mark Ormond? Every time I read one of his posts it feels like I have stepped into the Twilight Zone.
There is no further positive nature to this thread and so, I'm locking it. Mark, to insinuate or bring race into the argument as you did when you mention the other team didn't shake your hand is repulsive. This is expecially true when you don't mention an exact action but only imply your impression. Why would you do that? Then to insinuate that an entire team had a lack of class and when an example is given of your player you call this "calling out one kid." You called out an entire team. Further I don't understand the use of the ethnicity of that child ie. a Latin kid. Again, nothing positive is happening here and so...
Last edited by CoachB25
Link copied to your clipboard.