Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by ofs10:
se dad,didnt u go the game at gca this summer?there biggest problem is there is a street behind baseball field at gca where people hit foulballs!

Not sure what you game you are referring to. I have been to many there. My son played his travel ball both for and against some Crush teams as well as a few Legion games there. You are most certainly correct as YES the road and limited space around the field is a negative but the field itself was quite a site.
quote:
Originally posted by BLue26:
GB does not have the facilities because Chesapeake will not allow permanent structures on school property. Is there a school in Chesapeake that has year round facilities on campus?

Field wise I would have to say Nansemond River has the best field in the Southeast!

Western Branch has a metal building.
NR is quite nice. You can play 9 holes behind the plate so you better have a wall for a catcher.
Last edited by SE_DAD
quote:
Originally posted by BLue26:
The building at WB is on the property of the Pony association not on school property!

Blue26, Where did you get your information? I think if you did a title search, you would find that Western Branch Athletic Club (the legal name of the organization to which you refer as the Pony association) does not own any real property. That property belongs to the City of Chesapeake.
i have been to firemansfield it is very nice, last time i was at paul vI it was in good shape and had good bleachers everywhere. James woods field in winchester is top notch has been for a while. Spotsylvania hs has a really nice set up but playing surface needs work.

Question do you guys see a relationship between good teams and good facilities? if so is it pride or?
quote:
Originally posted by right arm of zeus:
Question do you guys see a relationship between good teams and good facilities? if so is it pride or?

I think that maybe the good facility comes AFTER the good team. Team starts winning and then gains support, people want to make sure that their good team has good facilities so they support improvements.

What I hate now though are the fields being built in Loudoun with the new schools. They lack any kind of character. Outfield is a perfect curve and everything is just kind of bland. If you took down the banners you wouldn't know which school's field you were playing on.
quote:
Originally posted by right arm of zeus:
Who has the nicest facility in your area? what makes it nice? Is it the grass, the set up, the view, the surroundings? Such as Caroline HS they play at a middle school which has a very nice background of some trees, concrete stands and playing surface is very well done. (needs better cage/bullpen area Wink

Yeah, I have to agree Caroline has the only true baseball stadium in the Battlefield District. Agree they need to improve the batting cage and bullpen. JM has a decent set up - too bad the team doesn't match.

In fact most of the fields in the Battlefield are relatively good except EV/Culpeper (what's with not having lights?), and Chancellor (though I understand the infield is getting some much needed work?) - the stands are something to be desired though.

The nicest fields/stadiums my son has played on to date was at Liberty University and at William & Mary (both Legion ball).

Zeus - did you notice KG is hosting the district tourny this year?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.