Skip to main content

Did anyone suffer withdrawal symptoms when our site and forums were down for over 5 hours on Wednesday night? I did receive several worried e-mails, especially from those who remember the major server outage that occurred around this time in 2002 (under our old hosting provider).

Though I exchanged several phone calls and e-mails with the support folks at our current hosting provider (groupee.com), I cannot truly claim that I helped to bring the site back up! Wink Groupee experienced a major network outage that knocked their own site and many of their forum customers offline for the evening. They were busy shifting things around between servers and finally isolated the problem and got it resolved.

I'll let you know if I find out any interesting facts about what caused the outage - perhaps some of the sparks that have been flying around here ignited something? Smile Anyway, hopefully all is back to normal!

Julie
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

....Frenzied clicking directed to find home(HSBBW)...then wild random clicking in an attempt to force a solution...Frenzied call to my server...Frantic call to my "Geek"...followed by a splitting headache...sweaty palms...began to see a Moose...In California?..Oh, No hallucinations...Then realized seeing a moose was a good thing, a very good thing...there is hope...finally gave up and went to bed...sleepless night...dreams of all that free time...wife not knowing what to do with me...More hallucinations - saw myself playing golf all day with aged cronies(nightmare)...but this morning the sun rose, and I find you are all back...all is right with the world.

Withdrawls...Who Me?

Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.