Skip to main content

Here is the one missing link - no pun intended - for our National team.

They get this little fella - and they win it all.
Guaranteed.

http://www.monkeymatters.com/trellix/rally_monkey.htm

You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball, and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. ~Jim Bouton, Ball Four, 1970
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Am I being critical or just observant?

It takes no pedigree or crystal ball to see that 63 errors in 16 games is a clear sign that the players are lacking in defensive skills.

It seems that you try to evade the issue with this call for credentials. Try sticking to the subject and for a change making knowledgeable comment.

Or are 63 errors in 16 games acceptable defense in your program?
Errors are never acceptable

But get off that old pony you are riding, you are not qualified to be on a stallion, and get real--- give us some background on you so we know why you are the ACE CRITIC------

I stick to the subject--it is you who wavers and wanders--- and what is scary you post at weird times---think about that
There you go dancing around again.

I speak of poor defense and though you agree, you divert the topic to credentials.

Now you further divert the issue to my sleeping habits. As you get older, you'll come to understand that you sleep less. Might be because soon enough the sleep is forever.

Look at it this way, since I notice such things as numerous errors imply poor defensive skills and you don't, I may well have more qualification to comment than you do.
quote:
Originally posted by WillieBobo:
Considering the supposed 'Elite Talent' in Joplin racked up 63 combined errors in 16 games, the monkey may help.

Some sharp defense, huh?

May help?

No - would definitely help.

Look at the 4th picture on this link. Do you notice the intensity on this monkey's face?

http://www.monkeymatters.com/trellix/rally_monkey.htm

Some background on that picture:

The ESPN announcer was just beginning to denounce our National team on live TV - the monkey became upset - and all hell broke loose on the set right after the snapshot was taken.

Tough little monkey - and a welcome addition to any team. IMO.

Last edited by itsinthegame
quote:
Originally posted by WillieBobo:
Which National team?

The one depleted by the foreign talent playing for their home nations?

Or one of the others that are assembled from a small sample and not practiced enough?

Whichever, if the monkey makes less errors, play him.

Mr. BoBo,

The monkey isnt perfect - he does make an occasional error. Please dont put too much pressure on the little fella.

Error's are part of the Game, You can't alway's be perfect.
If your out of shape baseball wise, your going to make mistakes. Are have just started playing together It take's a few Game's to get to Know your Teamates.
What's Fun is watching the Boy's get better as the Summer Season get's Started, And really start playing as a Team.
As the Season Progresses.
That's When you See Individual Player's That step up and Shine and that's what fun to Watch.
It's hard to picture not fielding a grounder as being affected by a lack of playing together as a team.

After seeing the video of some of these players on web TV, they are always like this.

Make that 70 errors in 17 games and counting.

At this rate we may have to request Castro exile a few ball players for the USA team. Maybe import a few Dominicans as well.
Last edited by Quincy
Normally I would agree that errors happen. But this many in this few games is extraordinary for even a mediocre team.

This is supposed to be the Primo Elite of the age group.

http://www.baseballwebtv.com/Uploads/RickTestWebSite/Ri...CheckerPlayer07.html

Take a look at some of the players in their prospect videos. They seem to have a hard time taking grounders and making throws in practice as well.
quote:
Take a look at some of the players in their prospect videos. They seem to have a hard time taking grounders and making throws in practice as well.

Baseball Web TV

The players you are referring to are among the elite in the nation. Aflac All Americans, First Round Draft Prospects, and yes some could be on Team USA. Furthermore, every scout and college recruiter in America knows it. Why don't you????

If you can not see the OBVIOUS rare ability in these kids by watching these videos, I'm not sure we have much further to discuss. They are among the very best in what looks like an exceptional 07 class.

You really sound foolish by trying to complain about these kids.

Listen Willie, I too know who you are. AD Why take out your jealousy on the true top prospects in this country?
Last edited by PGStaff

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.