Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Smitty28 posted:

My son played in the Wilson Premier Classic tournaments.  They were well run and strong competition.  He was not on a Wilson Premier team.  I can't imagine any advantage to being on a team based on the name on the jersey.  Look for a team that plays strong competition, has good coaching and gives you a chance to play.

So you don’t have to be a member team to play in the tournament? I thought you had to be one.

Son plays for large organization in DFW.  They were not going to Arizona in the fall a couple of years ago.  He got asked to play for the Wilson team.  Got lots of good gear.  As far as the team, our offense and defense was equal to those teams in the tournament, however we didn't have very many arms.  Both me and the boy looked at it as a reward for the previous season, and a kickoff for the new season.  Met some kids that he still is in touch with.  If you can afford, it is a good trip.

The Wilson Premier tourneys consist of teams that partner with Wilson at various levels (Prime, Platinum, Gold, etc.). In addition to these teams  (a requirement which is part of each teams' sponsorship agreement), Wilson usually fields one or two teams consisting of players that volunteer to attend (not part of the other organizations)--they pay a nominal fee and cover their own expenses.

So with that info, are you asking is it beneficial being a player on on of the member teams? Teams from organizations like the Canes, Scorpions, etc.?

Or are you asking if it's worth attending the event as a member of one of the Wilson teams thrown together (by Wilson)?

@ABSORBER posted:

The Wilson Premier tourneys consist of teams that partner with Wilson at various levels (Prime, Platinum, Gold, etc.). In addition to these teams  (a requirement which is part of each teams' sponsorship agreement), Wilson usually fields one or two teams consisting of players that volunteer to attend (not part of the other organizations)--they pay a nominal fee and cover their own expenses.

So with that info, are you asking is it beneficial being a player on on of the member teams? Teams from organizations like the Canes, Scorpions, etc.?

Or are you asking if it's worth attending the event as a member of one of the Wilson teams thrown together (by Wilson)?

I’m asking if it’s beneficial to be a player on one of the member teams.

I’m asking if it’s beneficial to be a player on one of the member teams.

It's beneficial because the team is likely one of a select group of top-tier teams in the country. Or at least the parent organization is...

The organization would not have been invited by Wilson to be sponsored if they were not.

Whether being on the roster of the team actually attending the event is worth it, you'll have to decide for yourself.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.