Skip to main content

My 2022 wants a workout bench for home use. Are there any that you would recommend? I don't know a lot about this kind of gear, but I'm thinking it might need to be the band-resistance type to help conserve space. Any suggestions are welcomed. A local workout facility is another option, but I think he might get more use (benefit) with something at home.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The bench itself should be one with several incline and decline options. I have one now with only flat, 45* incline, and a decline option. My 2023 wants a new one because the one at school gives him a better angle for some of the scap exercises they do. Don't go cheap with it. Cheap benches break easy.

I'd recommend getting BowFlex dumbbells if you need to conserve space. 

Buy a power rack, olympic barbell, and some cast iron plates. Titan fitness sells all these at a reasonable price, including a flat bench that's very durable. In my experience, incline and decline training is unnecessary, and the afforementioned items are all he needs to be an absolute monster physically. Hit the weights, lift heavy, and eat alot.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.