Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

First day of practice and we've got our first snowflakes in over a month here in NW Ohio.   Happens every year   Unfortunately no turf  means son's team will likely not see a field until they get to the season opener at Texas A & M in 3 weeks...shouldn't have to worry about snow down there, but makes it tough to compete with a team that's been outside all winter. 

Son gets an inning tomorrow in Alumni game.  Several current MLB players will be in attendance and lots of minor league players will be playing.  Then kickoff dinner afterwards where I have to bid on getting to be a bat boy for "one of the big games" per our 13 year old.  Fun day.  Good weather predicted.  Glad to start up again, getting stir crazy,  Starts a 6 month time period where we are almost NEVER home before 10 most nights, or we are traveling.  Life w/ 2 baseball playing kids.  Wouldn't trade it for anything

Well, not the start son had hoped for.  He threw great last fall and was feeling really good so far since they got back after Christmas break...even going so far as to say "I'm throwing better than last summer" when he had a really good year in summer league.  He threw to 5 batters on Tuesday (limited to 4 pitches each)...had 3 K's.  He's in line for a weekend starter spot if things continue......THEN.......texted him last night....asked how it went "Terrible, I only threw 2 innings before my arm hurt too much so I stopped".  Luckily it seems like it's his yearly early season bicep soreness....no elbow or shoulder pain.  He seems to get it every year and it lasts a few days then goes away.  He has never had any arm issues other than this.  Hopefully this is the same as every other year....just really bad timing this time.  He's back at it Tuesday so I guess we'll find out then.

Last edited by Buckeye 2015
Buckeye 2015 posted:

Unfortunately no turf  means son's team will likely not see a field until they get to the season opener at Texas A & M in 3 weeks...shouldn't have to worry about snow down there, but makes it tough to compete with a team that's been outside all winter. 

Buckeye: Son had a series there last year. Quite the atmosphere. Hope your pitchers are on. If you get to 4 balls, the chants from the crowd will be "ball 5, ball five.. followed by ball 6, ball 6, with another throw outside the strikezone. Found that both irritating and funny at the same time.

Ripken Fan posted:
Buckeye 2015 posted:

Unfortunately no turf  means son's team will likely not see a field until they get to the season opener at Texas A & M in 3 weeks...shouldn't have to worry about snow down there, but makes it tough to compete with a team that's been outside all winter. 

Buckeye: Son had a series there last year. Quite the atmosphere. Hope your pitchers are on. If you get to 4 balls, the chants from the crowd will be "ball 5, ball five.. followed by ball 6, ball 6, with another throw outside the strikezone. Found that both irritating and funny at the same time.

Florida St did that last year too....he said it was hard to keep from laughing on the mound...but he threw well, so I guess it didn't bother him too much

Ripken Fan posted:

If you get to 4 balls, the chants from the crowd will be "ball 5, ball five.. followed by ball 6, ball 6, with another throw outside the strikezone. Found that both irritating and funny at the same time.

Luv when the A&M crowd gets that going. there was kid last year I saw who was up to around 10 in a row...you could see him squeezing it so hard! he finally tossed a meatball down the middle and got Bronx cheer. quality crowd.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.