Skip to main content

Reply to "DBAT MUSTANGS"

I too played in the wool uni...the ones that you had to return to the league to be used the next season. We kept our hats and sleeves.

We played in Little League with different sections around the town playing against each other, then the champions of each section played in the city championship. When the championship was over, that was it until the next spring.

Concession stands, neighborhood teams, volunteers all made it a great memory...much like you guys are referring to.

Just because the structure of youth ball has changed, though, doesn't make it worse...just different. There are aspects of each to enjoy and aspects of each that could stand some improvement.

I choose to enjoy today's ball as much as I enjoyed playing in the wool uni of yesteryear. Ken, I do appreciate the sentiment you have regarding the old way of doing things and, if that hadn't changed much over the years, I would enjoy it today. But it has and I still believe there is quality, enjoyable baseball for every ability level today.