Skip to main content

Reply to "HSBBW and DIII Regionals"

quote:
Originally posted by JT:
LC falls to Salisbury State 5-3...sending 3 teams each with one loss into Saturday. LC plays Johns Hopkins at noon...winner advances to play Salisbury for the regional title.

JT - I followed your game and it was exciting - just the wrong team won! Go out and win two tommorrow.

I have been following the Mid-East Regional as well. Wooster was down to their final strike in the bottom of 13th and trailing 8-7 with the bases loaded. Their shortstop who has yet to get a hit in the regionals unloaded a grand slam to eliminate Rose-Hulman. Unfortunately, it took all their energy and they dropped the nightcap on a bases loaded infield hit 1-0 in the bottom of the ninth to Heidelberg. Their pitcher, who was an All-American last year, pitched the opener two days ago and pitched all 9 innings tonight. Very gutsy performance. Heidelberg now has to beat Grateful's team Adrian twice to advance. My son had an ex high school teammate on Wooster who saw his career come to an end tonight. High drama indeed.