Skip to main content

Reply to "LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE"

Coach,

Garse knows best! I concur on Prejeans, LaFonda and Judice Inn..."still no frys", and also give two thumbs up to The Blue Dog Cafe for excellent casual South LA cuisine, fairly close to the ball park. I have been a dozen times and always had excellent food and service. Speaking of the park, make sure you try the fried catfish and shrimp, next to the beer stand. ..excellent!

Airports: You can fly to Lafayette, 10 minutes to campus, and will most likely need to change planes, or you can probably fly direct from most big airports to Baton Rouge 50 miles east or New Orleans 100 miles east.

Hotels: I like the LaQuinta (big suites) next door to the Blue Dog on West Pinhook Ave., the Travel Lodge next to LaQuinta or the Hilton (the visiting teams stayed there) a little down the street also on Pinhook, its all close to the park. There is a Hilton Garden Inn adjacent the campus that opened recently.

You will probably meet some of the most friendly folk there. If I go, I'll find you and get you in a big old Cajun tailgate Saturday AM. It's too bad your first college roadie is to ULL. You'll be spoiled the rest of the way. Smile

Laisser Bon Temp Rouler! Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
Last edited by Dad04