Skip to main content

Reply to "Standardized Testing in Baseball"

I've been thinking about this.  Obviously an SAT/ACT score doesn't tell you what the best school for you is, although it can suggest a range.  And, the higher the level, the more selective the school can be.  So, e.g. if you have a 35 ACT you have an 87% chance of getting into UConn but a 6% chance of getting into Yale.  I assume it would work the same for baseball test scores.

But, much of this information is already out there, if players or coaches want it.  PG/PBR collect enough numbers to make some kind of prediction, to a certain extent.  PG even has (had?) a scale based on their showcase grades, which didn't correspond to much of anything, as was discussed endlessly on here, e.g. https://community.hsbaseballwe...rade-of-less-than-7?, which interestingly first lists one set of meanings for the grades, and then farther down lists another much more vague set of meanings.

My guess is that this would not succeed as a large-scale business venture.  If it was feasible, PG and PBR would have already done it.  They don't want to mess up their business by telling a lot of their customers that their sons are D3-bound.