Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

brett harman committed to Maryland... this was done just before he pitched with the East Coast Grays at the WWBA NE Qualifier.... he pitches today with the Orioles scout team in Jupiter, against Hammertime Performance.... not only does he run it up there 88-90 with a lot of sink -- he competes and you have to literally rip the ball out of his hand to take him out

ohter Grays from MD include Dan Pfister (urbana hs) and Curtis Voytell '08 (urbana hs)... Dan has some DI interest and has done well at both WWBA events in East Cobb and Long Island.... Voytell is a stocky 3b with solid tools at the corner and a live bat with a lot of power.

we have kids from CT,PA,NY,VA,MD,NC, and FL for our WWBA tournaments

www.eastcoastgrays.org
If that's true, UMd is getting a real pig in a poke. Daddy (his HS coach) did a nice job this year of throwing him against losing and poor teams to fluff up his era. Plus he hit 3rd in the order and bunted about half the time - very atypical for a 3-spot hitter.

No wonder the Terps can't be competitive in the ACC.

------------------------------------------------

if a kid throws the way he does, with a low arm angle and hard,late movement that still touches 90... your not hiding him in any rotation. FYI brett generated a lot of attention from a lot of people in the ACC and SEC as well. He did extremely well in long island and based on his performance - a lot of scouts took notice... i just wish we had been able to get him for east cobb. i would figure brett to go in the middle rounds of the draft in june....... your comments were unfair to brett and bryan harman, because both individuals are both good people and i am glad we were able to assist him.... you should remove the post or apologize
">I" your posting has been deleted.

Negative personal remarks benefit no one.

Take the high road and want every kid from Maryland to do well, regardless of what college they attend. If for no other reason it brings positive attention on future Maryland players.

If you have a personal beef with the player or his father, I am sure you will agree a message board is note the place to resolve it.

Lets stay positive and focused on what the thread is about; especially during what I believe is an exciting time in a kids life.

Thank you,
Al McCormick
www.mostvaluableplayer.biz
I was out of town last week so I'm commenting a little late but anyone who doesn't like Brett and Bryan Harman suffers from a serious case of jealousy. Brett pitched for me this summer (Frederick Hustlers) and threw many of our big games. Besides shoving it up the 19U Metro teams on a regular basis, he dominated a variety of national powers like East Cobb teams, the Dirtbags, and the Indiana Bulls at a University of Winthrop event and at the 32-team NABF HS World Series in Greensboro, NC, where he was named to the All-Tournament Team. Brett doesn't throw 90 as catchaprospect states. He's more like 86-88 but maintains that over seven innings. Brett's got great movement and has a really good curveball and changeup. I love the kid because he knows how to pitch and he flat out competes. He's also a smart kid and a wonderful young man to be around. I also got to see him throw at numerous events this Fall for the Mid-Atlantic Red Sox showcase team and he dominated in those games as well. His dad Bryan had absolutely nothing to do with our team from a coaching standpoint. He was just one of those pleasant and supportive parents who sat in the stands and rooted for every kid on the team.
he was an absolute competitor/gamer, whatever you want to call it.... he hit 90 in Long Island at WWBA NE just after he committed to Maryland..... he called me after he pitched in Jupiter vs Hammertime Performance.. he was 86-88 and gave up 1 run in 3 innings... i personally as well as the entire staff of the East Coast Grays wish brett all the best in college.............. he coach, since you know the harmans, what do you think of Dan Pfister (c) and curtis voytell (3b) both from urbana, hs
hey coaches thank you for standing up. and whoever said those it is fine, ive heard that before but if your a baseball fan one thing u shuld learn is team concept. and if me bunting a lot helps my team im going to do it.

but the reason i wanted to leave a comment is to Congradulate some friends of mine. the following have given early commitment.

kyle kane- boonsboro hs------ Mt. St Marys
ty main- middletown hs-----Florida International
austin harclerode- centennial hs--- towson
adam Kolarek- catonsville hs--- maryland
matt barto- delone catholic hs--- Mt. St Marys

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.