Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here is what I posted on the other thread in regards to 1 vs 3 games:

I hate that UIL gives an option, we have discussed this before on the boards, they should make it 1 or 3 for all with no option.

My opinion is that baseball playoffs should be a series. If you know going into the season that it is 3 games no matter what then come playoff time the coaches will have to develop depth throughout the season, that means more kids playing and you will be ready for 3 games.

The one game situation can only come back to haunt a coach if they lose the game.

It is a Catch 22, You win a 1 game situation you are a hero you lose and you are a zero in the eyes of the parents and players.

Get rid of the choice UIL....
Last edited by oldbat-never
It is a coin flip if the coaches do not agree on the weekend's format. Playing 1 game is not so much a matter of having enough pitching....as much as it is an educated guess that "your" #2 and #3 can beat "my" #2 and #3 (if I'm the coach that wants a single game). It's about pitching depth.

East had 4 pitchers with enough innings to be ready for a 3-game series -- and 2 additional relievers. In the case of our series with Rockwall, we lost in 2. For us, it was more about timely hitting than pitching. Sometimes, you have to get to the 3rd game to take advantage of your depth.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.