Skip to main content

We have a 13u AAU team. We have an indoor facility for 1 hour a week during January & February. It's pretty big, about 100' X 80', with high quality turf. It is quite pricey so that is why we have the time restraint.

Our goal is to stress fundamentals during our limited time.

I plan to run 2 or 3 stations at a time and have a good idea what I want to do. I would be interested in what other coaches would do with a similar space and time? We will have access to batting cages at a different time, so I would hope to concentrate on hitting at those other times.
cong [url=http://www.youthbaseballcoaching.com/]Youth Baseball Coaching[/url] "In a child, sports build character. In adults, sports reveal character."
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

cong.....

I hadn't really responded earlier....you had written that you wanted to set up 2 or 3 stations......

My preference would be to have all the kids working on the same things (together) at all times......since you are just working on defensive things, for example......ground ball technique, beginning with rolling the ball to them......I could write out a 60 minute plan, really.

I just think that with 10-13 players (I assume) you can accomplish a lot in that amount of time, teach everything to the entire team, they can all get lots of reps, and they all benefit from learning defensive skills in the infield and outfield, as well as some time with some pitching drills for all.

It is just one guy's suggestion. Good luck!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.