Skip to main content

First semester has come and gone, made the transtion pretty nicely, without too much loneliness...and Junior made out pretty well, too!!

I haven't posted in a while - been reading - but nothing much to add. Just excited about Jr making the dean's list [1st time in 13 yrs I could say to my daughter 'Why can't you be more like your brother?!! - Her reply is not appropriate for this site!] They started practice 2 weeks ago - all indoors, of course, LOTS of running [7 guys heaved the first day!!].

I'm proud of him for his transition, his grades, and his hard work. After losing 45 pounds in August from a parasite, gaining most of it back, then losing it all again when he got his tonsils out in November, he's still 20 lbs lighter than he was in June, but he looks great - he looks like a man!! After my first semester of college I still looked like a 14 YO kid!

Went to the gym daily during the break, joined another training facility on his own to actually TRAIN, not just lift - went there regularly, working out with some minor leaguers, and has continued to go the past 2 weeks, even after class and 2 a days. He's probably the slowest kid on the team [or close to it], but due to his conditioning, he is on the verge of being only the 6th player on the team to run the half mile in the alloted time [2:30, indoors, 8 laps]. I'm looking fwd to seeing him pitch this yr at the college level.

Of course I am biased, but if his coach is half as impressed with him and his work ethic as I am, he should get plenty of chances this year. Double header February 17 at Mary Washington - any parents on the site from MW??

best of luck to everyone as the new season approaches.
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I LOOOVE reading posts like this.

There sure is alot of baseball buzz in the air going around, isnt there?
Feels exciting!

Gets the ol' blood circulating and the anticipation growing!!!

Looking foward to it all for you & your family Windmill.

You havta' keep us posted as the season gets rollin', ya hear??

The best best best to you and yours this season!!!
I'll be waiting to hear the latest!!
Last edited by shortstopmom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.