Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Some may think HP is rebuilding after winning 33 and 35 games the past two seasons. BUT, the Scots should be competitive this year even after graduating 7 starters last year. LF and 2B return as do two pitchers who contributed last year at the varsity level. HP has 2 D1 signees (Flink, 2B/SS-Princeton and Bare LHP-Baylor). If the youngers step up it this could be interesting. No reason to think HP won't be playoff bound again.
don't think hp will be as strong as they have been in the past but if they pick up a couple of move in's they could be tough. heath had a down year last year but if they rebound could be the class of the district. rockwall lost alot but should be in the hunt. royce city will play hard but may be over matched moving up from 3a. greenville is on their third coach in three years and won't have much. pearce lost just about everybody from last year and can't help you with the carrollton schools. should be one of the top districts in the metroplex. wish we were still in it.
ur babbling go_p. We need a real scouting report here to get us prepped.

Who does HP have that makes them strong? And anyone will improve "...if they pick up a couple of move in's."

Anybody will be better "...if they rebound..." Not sure about "class of the district." What does that mean?

"Rockwall lost a lot...." If you know something be specific when you speak down to us.

"Royce City will play hard..." So will everyone else.

Did Greenville ever have anything? I don't know, just asking.

I don't recall where Pearce finished last year surely they didn't
"lose everybody."

Now did you really help us at all. We need a scouting report. It's ok to use
players names. You gotta give us more than that.

Oh yea, I'm glad ur not in it!! But maybe we'll see you. Coach Doe
watched the dbatters all summer so he knows about one of our guys on
the hill.

What do you guys have coming back this year? I heard you
lost a lot. ;-)

Good luck to u, xcept when we come to town.

rockwall
hp
heath
royce city
newman smith
pearce
greenville
turner

.rockdad
Last edited by Rock Dad
HP:
Bare is a LHP and 1B that throws 83-84 and has signed with Baylor. Volk is a LHP that throws 83-84. both play for the Tigers. Fink is a MIF that has signed with Prinston. good glove and can spray the ball around.
Heath:
VerHagen is a RHP that throws 91-92 and has signed with OU. Martin is a MIF with a good glove and speed and has signed with Tech. Both play for the Tigers. Benefield is their catcher and #2 pitcher. Good arm and alot of power.
Pearce:
lost 7 or 8 starters and finished 5th in district last year.
Greenville:
#1 pitcher is Kevin Long. He throws 82-83. Catcher is Prigmore that played for the Mustangs. He is the only threat on offence.

As far as Poteet goes, we are in trouble. We lost three of our top four pitchers, our catcher, and our 3 and 4 hole. Almost all 2010's and 2011's. Looks like Forney has our number.
Scouting report on 10 4a

Contenders:
Rockwall-dominant 5a team moving to 4a. should be the favorite to win the district. strong pitching, solid defense, solid lineup.

HP-lost a lot of talent but you know....it is hp and they are always strong.

Heath-solid lineup, good defense, average pitching. verhagen will not pitch this year.

Newman Smith-another dominant 5a team moving to 4a. didn't have much success last year, but did you see who was in their district?

Royse City-good 3a moving to 4a. could be a playoff team if they surprise a few teams.

Tough district!

N.A.F.T.
I like heath in the group.

HP will be solid as usual.

Drew V. Will not pitch until summer for Heath.
Benefield and the unknown junior James Baune are good, especially Baune. They both pitched with us in the summer and are better than average. Baune has a chance to be real good. He pitched against teams that were really good in the summer and shut them down. Not over powering yet but spots a good fast ball and curve really well 9he is about 6'2" and still growing). They have another unknown thats pretty good but his name escapes me. I say their defense is a little suspect, but offense will be fine. pitching no problems unless someone gets hurt.
quote:
Originally posted by The Beast:
That's what I heard. Only dirt is the mound.

Yuk! We played on a field last summer during the Joplin Premier Junior Chapionship at the Jaycees Ballpark at Lincoln Park in Pittsburg, KS ...EVERYTHING WAS TURF even the pitching mound... and in the am and a little damp it had a horable glare on the whole field. I got pictures I will have to post one.
hey just got done playing in coppell rockwall heath play a great game against coppell score 8 to 5 rockwall heath 13 hits from heath drew bennifield 4 singles verhagan triple and dbl conner lewis home run charlie martin triple to the wall pitching great james baune face 9 batters 1 walk 1 hit 3 stk outs jake thompson freshman did great face 7 batters 1 walk 2 stk out 1 run unearned drew did great held them down all in all rockwall looks to be on the hunt for a great season so many high in the game the boys play great against one of the top 5a team good luck this season
Last edited by pma
quote:
Originally posted by pma:
hey just got done playing in coppell rockwall heath play a great game against coppell score 8 to 5 rockwall heath 13 hits from heath drew bennifield 4 singles verhagan triple and dbl conner lewis home run charlie martin triple to the wall pitching great james baune face 9 batters 1 walk 1 hit 3 stk outs jake thompson freshman did great face 7 batters 1 walk 2 stk out 1 run unearned drew did great held them down all in all rockwall looks to be on the hunt for a great season so many high in the game the boys play great against one of the top 5a team good luck this season

Sounds great, but you lost something..oh, here they are:

.,;"!
HOPEFULLY THIS IS BETTER FOR ALL Y0U ENGLISH MAJORS!!!
quote:
Originally posted by pma:
Hey, just got done playing in Coppell. HEATH played a great game against Coppell. Score was 8 to 5, Heath. 13 hits from Heath. Drew Benefield-4 singles, Verhagan-triple and dbl, Conner Lewis- home run, Charlie Martin-triple to the wall! Pitching was great! James Baune faced 9 batters with 1 walk, 1 hit, 3 strike outs and no runs allowed. Jake Thompson, a freshman did great! He faced 7 batters with 1 walk, 2 strike outs, and 1 run unearned. Drew pitched great holding them down. All in all HEATH looks to be on the hunt for a great season. So many highlights in the game. The boys played great against one of the top 5a teams in Dallas! Good luck this season

LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING AGAINST YOU ROCK DAD! BOTH OUR TEAMS ARE GOING TO BE GREAT THIS YEAR!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.