Skip to main content

Who else was watching the Yankees vs. Red Sox tonight?

I sure felt bad for Yankees pitcher Chase Wright, giving up back-to-back-to-back-to-back HRs ... 4 batters in a row, 10 pitches. I'm sure he'll get over it and be fine ... after all, he does play for the Yankees. But as a mom I sure feel sorry for "somebody's son" to have that attached to his bio for the rest of his career!

Maybe it will serve as consolation for some of our sons the next time they have a bad outing??? Frown

Julie
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Pitching Mo in the 8th. Why? Let Luis V and Proctor pitch it. Plus why not pitch Farnsworth? It's April, let him try tp pitch in these situations. This wasn't a must win series.

Also why the heck pitch Pettitte? He just threw 100 pithces on Friday? The idea is to save your starters, not have them work double duty. I also felt Minkewicz (sp?) was way too off the line for Crisp's triple.

Taking Chase out was the right decision.
Last edited by Pat H
Ok, I guess I didn't mean "had it coming". But what did they expect? I know they are in a bind pitching- wise, seems like they are every season. I think the days of them being a serious contender may be winding down for a bit now. What I understand is that Cashman is committed to building from within, which means no more trading three prospects to get one possible impact player. If they live and die with their young pitching it's going to sting for a while, but don't forget, we haven't seen Philip Hughes yet. Does anyone else think they should have pitched him a game this series, or is he just not ready yet? Fun fact: the Yankees and the Mariners are the only two teams in baseball without a save yet. That's what I heard on the radio this AM.
You know, I really like Joe Torre and he is a classy guy. I like Chase Wright even more because he went to a couple of our events while in high school.

I guess I don't understand why this was classy at all. In fact, I think it would have been classier had he left him in. He mentioned 4 HRs is hard to deal with. Yet he left him in after he gave up the 4th one. Yes, he didn't have anyone ready, I mean it happened so fast! Went from 2.2 innings of 1 hit ball to 2.2 innings of 5 hit (4 HR) ball in 10 pitches.

Taking him out had NOTHING to do with being classy or to be "nice" to the kid! It had everything to do with not wanting to give up more runs. IMO
I asked my son about this today, his response was he'd easily give up 4 home runs in a row anyday to get a chance to play in the show. Smile
Undoubtable that rookie learned a lot last night, most likely to be more selective in using the change up. But, not sure if anything else was working for him, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt and not say he had it coming to him.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.