Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

jarthur,

I know there are some previous threads mentioning the 100-inning-game fundraiser, but I didn't find a lot of details. This old thread mentions that and several other fundraisers:

http://hsbaseballweb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6616002781/...646026575#7646026575

When my son's college team did the 100-inning-game, each player contacted family and friends to ask for sponsorship...either an amount like 10 cents to $1 per inning played, or a flat donation. The coach provided a letter inviting everyone to the game and describing what the funds raised would be used for (in this case, paying for parts of their Spring Training trip to Florida).

The game itself was played on a Saturday during their Fall baseball season, with the players splitting up between two teams. It was a very long day for the players, even though the innings were shortened up a bit by changes in the rules. (Think ahead about pitching availability...even if you had 40 players on a college Fall roster--20 players per team--and every player pitched, that would be an average of 5 innings pitched per player!) I recall the coaches may have done some pitching for both teams, and each at-bat may have started with a 1-1 count. Perhaps a foul ball was an out after a certain strike count? Also a limit of how many players could bat in a half-inning, in case one of the fill-in pitchers struggled.

Anyone else with more specific info on how to run a 100-inning-game fundraiser?

Julie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.