Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great looking kid, don't let him pitch too much dad.

I liked the trick at the end, however if he pronated his wrist some more, did a better job of scapula loading, developed a better kinetic chain chain he would be more athletic. Since timing is involved with every athletic movement this can be said of all mechanics injurious or not. Marshall would agree but would not say timing; he expresses the problem as postural, which attaches a mechanical fix.

He needs to get his late forearm turn over “late getting up” causes forearm bounce later in the articulation that causes UCL degradation. This would let the ball pop up a little better.

Also he should more powerfully supinate his glove by pulling back his Glove arm along with his shoulders (force couple) to a position where the glove ends up right next to your cheek where you triceps (the fastest muscle in the arm) can contract to reposition the glove against line drives instantly, much better than traditional pitchers who’s gloves are usually trying to counter balance ball arm forearm flyout by rushing away from the body and head centrifuging.

If he does all of this that trick would move up the ranking from a non prospect 40 to around a 60 - MLB plus plus ranking.

Have him work on all of this and repost when completed.
Last edited by BOF
I called my daughter while driving home from a trip & asked her to film him for posting. They didn't warm up much. He throws better in the last three throws. He was all over the place early in leg action & stride length.

I don't understand glove by his cheek.

Also, I took him out of travel ball and we went back to little league. It's hard to do, he's asked to be on most teams in our area. I am starting a team that will only have multi-sport athletes. I won't take a straight baseball kid. I will control his innings through & including high school.

No particular issues, for his age decent command and velo and doesn't hurt.
Last edited by baseballpapa
We do a lot of "short boxes". I've become a big believer in them, but initially thought they were useless or harmful. We start less than 25 feet to catcher & go full windup but not speed. Found you have to time & chain whether or not you do it fast or slow. Can see flaws & adjust. We work all kinds of pitch grips short including slider. I don't let him throw it at full distance but later it will help him. Older had a plus slider.

I will limit innings. He plays many other sports. Too many burnout kids and too few athletic baseball players.

I will work on some of the noted items but actually believe most will come. I work on all aspects of his pitching including mental. Mechanics are just one part.

He closed a tournament game last month we won by a run. He struck out 2 with bases loaded and one out. He walked one & inherited 2. I called time after the walk & asked him how it was going. He said he was nervous. I smiled & told him to pretend it was a bullpen with just him & the catcher & went back to the dugout.

Told him in the car on the way home I was proud of him but would have been regardless of that games outcome.
Last edited by baseballpapa
I'm actually developing a product on how to throw 5mph faster. I'm not quite done and wanted to know the number one question people have when it comes to throwing harder. If you answer this question I'll give you the product for FREE when it's finished.

Submit your questions here:

== Link deleted by moderator. Sorry, you are not allowed to advertise your website in forum posts. - MN-Mom Forum Rules ==
Last edited by MN-Mom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.