Skip to main content

Im 12 yo and im cruising at 67-68 my hardest is 70-71 and im turning 13 in november am i on the right pace for my age.
- "Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth"." - Roberto Clemente
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Son don't get caught up in radar readings especially at such a young age. When I coached 12u AAU we had 8 guys that pitched. The mound was 50' and the bags 70'. On that team we had three guys that were 70-72 and the other five were mid 60's guys. We finished fourth in the Nation that year. Our #1 was cruising at 70-72 and hit 74 several times. I saw him at a camp this winter he is a rising Jr. He was 75-77 and has grown quite a bit. Another kid was there that played on that team but did not pitch and had a very average arm. He is also a rising Jr and he was 83-85. I think its great that you have a nice arm at 12 years old. But that is no indication that you will continue to be ahead of the curve. Your genetics and work ethic will make that determination. Good Luck

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.