Skip to main content

Are any of your sons' teams facing very condensed game schedules due to the late Spring / recent winter weather?

My son's D3 had a bunch of their early conference games postponed because of snow still on the ground and freezing weather. Now comes crunch time: They are halfway through a stretch of 18 conference games in 16 days.

Some of the teams in this small D3 conference are just getting pounded because of lack of pitching depth for so many games crowded so close on the calendar. Meanwhile, my son's coach had recruited a bunch of JUCO transfer pitchers and is looking like a very smart guy with 16 pitchers who have gotten innings so far. They have gone 9-0 so far in conference and have outscored their opponents 104 to 14 in those 9 games.

Unfortunately my son is watching all this from the bench where he keeps score because he is out with an injury this season, but it's still fun to be part of a team that's having a lot of success. I hope they can keep it up ... 9 games in the next 6 days starting Monday!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.