Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
F14 said.....We live in MN. Advice or feedback appreciated.
F14,

Congrats on the offers. I think you maybe sharing a little too much financial information publically. Telling us all three schools are within $2K is good enough IMHO.

Everybody criteria is different between academic, athletic and financial. I think you should have a sit down with your son to ask him what is most important to him.

Your son is going to spend the bulk of his time with the pitching coach, so that relationship needs to be solid. My son decided to go where he was most wanted, could earn playing time quickest, and get the best education. Your son may have a similar idea or it may be different. Let him determine what is most important and then let him make the call. If he waivers, discuss each aspect of the decision including academic, athletic and financial for his long term goals. Good luck
Last edited by fenwaysouth
F14,

Welcome to HSBBW! Many folks here will recommend to go where you're most wanted, and in this case, that certainly appears to be Augie. If the coach has more invested in your son, he'll likely give him more opportunities for success because he believes in him.

Something you might do, if you haven't already, is research rosters for each school over the last few years on their website. How many players who started out at each school as a freshman are still there for junior or senior year? Might indicate how patient the coach is in developing his players.
quote:
Originally posted by bacdorslider:

I would not worry about 'Pro Day' right now.

Unless your son will be 21 by his sophmore year, pro day won't happen until he is a junior.

I agree with bacdor, this should be the last thing to consider on his list.

Best of luck to your son.
I am sorry that you removed your original post. I am sure you posted scholarship amounts for informational purposes only, no harm done.

Your son's choice should be based upon where he feels most comfortable and wanted. Its always a tough decision and all of our players have a tough time making it.

Best of luck.
Last edited by TPM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.