Skip to main content

#2 Ocean Lakes-1 #4 First Colonial-0 Top of 2nd PPD

Alex Lambert slammed his 6th home run of the year in a wasted effort as the Dolphins 1-0 lead and Lamberts home run will be wiped clean of the slate. The game was post-poned in the top of the 2nd inning due to rain and make up date will be scheduled accordingly.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ocean Lakes - 5
First Colonial - 4

WP - Morimando
LP - Lawson

Sean Morimando accounted for all five Ocean Lakes runs with a two run HR in the 4th and a three run HR in the 7th. He also pitched a complete game.

Bowman was strong for 5 1/3 innings giving up 2 runs (after pitching 1 1/3 the day before in the rainout).

A well played game by both teams with few errors, some nice hits, and strong pitching.

Ocean Lakes (9-1) has the schedule advantage from here out playing the lower 2/3 of the district.

First Colonial (9-2) has Landstown, Green Run and Cox in the next 3 games.
The Beach, if played out as it should, will come down to the FC/Cox showdown next Friday. With OL having ten runned 5 of their last 6 opponents with the other a 7-2 win over Tallwood, they might have the advantage. They need help though after being dominated by Cox last Friday.

Here is how it is:

OL: Must win out and have Cox lose to FC or any other of the last 6 games.
FC: Must beat Cox next Friday and have OL lose a game the rest of the way.
Cox: Win out. Possible having FC lose another game the rest of the way.

If FC doesn't lose any games except to Cox, all three teams will be tied with one loss.
What would then happen? With each team have beaten one another.
My mistake for my comments earlier about the standings and what needs to happen. I realized too late last night that FC now has 2 district losses, leaving them to be the odd man out and play season spoiler for the Cox Falcons....And yes No Way I fully agree....Lawson strikes out the Lefty, and potentially top hitter Alex Lambert for the Fins, but doesn't get to face the next lefty who can hit for power? That makes no sense.
My mistake on the loss, it was Cook for FC that gave up the HR.
FC is not completely out of the regular season as I have seen some life in Bayside, PA and Kellam (have not seen Landstown) that on a given day with one good pitching performance and an umpire that calls alot of strikes, any of them can win over Cox, OL or FC. It is unlikely though as OL and Cox will outscore any of the other teams in a slugfest.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.