Skip to main content

Bases loaded no outs. Wild pitch, runner on 3rd scores, does batter get credit for rbi?
Question about pitching.
For conversation purposes. Your no. 1 pitcher starts and goes 7 innings in a game. His next start is 8 days later. Meanwhile he threw 1 bullpen in between starts. Next start tells coach his control is off because of lack of work. Coach responds it's all in your head....What do you think? thanks
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Bases loaded no outs. Wild pitch, runner on 3rd scores, does batter get credit for rbi?

NO

quote:
Question about pitching.
For conversation purposes. Your no. 1 pitcher starts and goes 7 innings in a game. His next start is 8 days later. Meanwhile he threw 1 bullpen by his request in between starts. Next start tells coach his control is off because of lack of work. Coach responds it's all in your head....What do you think?

Since this is JUST for conversation purposes and not directed at a particular player I'll be blunt. It sounds like:
1. He needs to work on his control/mechanics.
2. He needs to take the mound
3. He should be thankful for the start
4. He needs more self motivation.
5. He needs to quit making an excuses for his poor performance.
6. He needs to quit blaming his coach.
quote:
Originally posted by Fungo:
quote:

NO

quote:
Question about pitching.
For conversation purposes. Your no. 1 pitcher starts and goes 7 innings in a game. His next start is 8 days later. Meanwhile he threw 1 bullpen by his request in between starts. Next start tells coach his control is off because of lack of work. Coach responds it's all in your head....What do you think?

Since this is JUST for conversation purposes and not directed at a particular player I'll be blunt. It sounds like:
1. He needs to work on his control/mechanics.
2. He needs to take the mound
3. He should be thankful for the start
4. He needs more self motivation.
5. He needs to quit making an excuses for his poor performance.
6. He needs to quit blaming his coach.

1. If you are not allowed to throw bullpen how do you work on your control/mechanics
2. When ?
3. Thanks
4. All he wants to do is win
5. 8 inn. 4 h 3r 2er 2 bb (not a bad performance)
6. I think he just wanted to let coach know why his control was off. But you could be right on that one.

I have to agree with R Ringer and BobbleHeadDoll.
If the pitcher thinks it's a problem. It's in his head and is a problem. So you need to fix it right..
Wouldn't you do what's best for the team. A confident pitcher is BEST for the team.
Don't pitchers need to have a regular routine to stay sharp ?
Try picking up a ball every 8 days in hit your spot would be tough for anybody.
And maybe just maybe a pitcher knows himself more than his COACH !

Not even going to respond to I don't care. I think that say's it all.
Last edited by bblife
I should have mentioned this is about a High School pitcher.

For conversation purposes was a no. 1 starter.

One more thing after the pitcher said something to his coach not only was he told it's in his head but was told he was coming out and got somebody else up.

In my opinion I would want to know what my players are thinking. Not to intimidate them from coming to me next time they have a concern or problem.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.