Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I throw a 2-seemer/sinker. I have my pointer and middle finger running with the seems (where the seems are close). Then I moved my thumb a few centimeters to the left (I'm a righty). Basically, the thumb isn't directly under the ball, letting the ball "fall". Also the angle my hand is at is not 90degrees from the horizontal... it's more like 80degrees. I apologize for the possible confusion in langauge... it's the best way I know how to describe it without using tons of words. It's a great pitch... unless you can blow it by people all the time, planes must change in pitches... and mine changes planes. Hope this helps!
quote:
Originally posted by austin9:
how do you pitchers throw a 2 seam fastball? ive been experimenting on ways to throw one this season and i havent found a good one yet. most of the time its just like a 4 seamer but with different rotation on the seams.

This is what I think makes Maddux so effective. He changes grip and pressure points on most of his pitches to create movement and change of speeds without changing his arm motion. Keep experimenting! Move your thumb around, put your fingers closer together, put your fingers to one seam or the other.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.