Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, I was in on that discussion and came away with the impression that a black and tan glove could go either way.

http://hsbaseballweb.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=5316041581&f=4996003481&m=8106040573&r=7316064765#7316064765

I am not familiar with dyes but assume it would involve soaking the glove in some manner or the other or applying a pretty thick coat of liquid to make it take.

Dunno, thats why I asked.
Redbird -
Don't just assume that black and tan gloves are okay. About 4 weeks ago we had an umpire come out in the bottom of the 4th and tell our pitcher he had to change gloves. He had worn it for the first 3 innings without anything being said. The opposing coach had not said anything either because he was upset that the game was delayed for this.

I think it was just a case of the umpire wanting to be more a part of the game.
Coach Robert,
My son (pitcher) bought a two toned glove because he liked the fit but was asked to remove it several times last year. It sat in the closet for a while and when he asked for a new glove, I took the two tone to a professional shoemaker who dyed it. For awhile the dye came off, but now it's a beauty!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.