Skip to main content

Just got back from Blue-Grey at William and Mary. Well-run, especially considering some weather-related adjustments. Approximately 30 colleges present, mainly mid-Atlantic (most of the Virginia schools were there),5-6 pro scouts. The infield was done a little differently from PG; after taking a few balls each, the players went through a regular infield session, turning double plays, etc., which I thought was nice and allowed the players to show a little more fielding than normal. All pitchers threw bullpens for the scouts, and pitched the next day in games. The banquet was informative- a few coaches talked about recruiting, grades, their schools, etc., pretty helpful stuff-and the players seem to enjoy it.

All in all, a nice job by Gus Bell, et als, worth the time and the money.

A good operation, nice facilities (Plumeri Park at William and Mary is a beautiful 2 million dollar stadium) applaude
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hokie, Hope all is well with you and your son. My son Jordan has received an invitation to represent Illinois in the Blue-Grey Battle of the States II or III. One is in late August and the other is in late October to be held in Kissimmee Florida. I know nothing about this company and am happy to read your posting and that you were very satisfied with the event. Bruce.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.