Skip to main content

Please understand the importance of "ONLY IDENTIFYING PLAYERS YOU KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HAVE VERBALLY COMMITTED." Even with the best of intentions, NEVER identify a player based upon HEAR SAY! It can be very damaging.

Also, please do not use this thread to judge whether the player deserves, or discuss what per centage. Use it as a great opportunity to recognize Maryland baseball players.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I find it a little hard to believe that Stratchko commited to Coppin State. I'm not saying he isnt DI material; he is a very talented ball player. I've seen him pitch at CSM and McDonough, but I really can't see him going there. My nephew played ball with him for several years in the Chaney organization, and last I heard he was looking at a DII or DIII in NY because a coach from up there saw him pitch at the NABF regionals at Stone. I don't see how Coppin State is attractive to him. Do you know this for a fact?

* A little side note...Adam Melis, a 2003 All Met HM catcher from Wooton HS and Keith Goldsmith, a RHP/1B 2003 grad from Thomas Stone will both be playing at Columbia Union College, a DII in our Nations Capital. The new head coach is Rhett Ross, former coach at Wooton HS. I also hear that his son Rem (Team-Maryland) will also be attending after transferring from Presbyterian. Several players from the Frederick area, and MOCO will also be likely to attend. From what I see, I can expect alot of good things from this squad in the future.
Coaches Guy Roberston and Peter Buck history of hard work and success will prevail at Coppin State following the departure of ex pro Paul Blair.

Columbia Union College (CUC) is close to Washington DC. The school is located with Takoma Park, Maryland. CUC competes within the growing (ie $$$$) United States Collegiate Athletic Conference USCAA.

***The remainder of this post deleted by moderator.

***A reminder: The intention of this website is to provide information and opinion, but disparaging comments and naming names will not be tolerated.

Last edited {1}
I saw the post this morning prior to Al McCormicks deletion.

From my point of view the opinion expressed the following:

- Facilitated free and respectful exchange of opinions about all things baseball,

- Followed the rules.

- The material was not offensive to the sensibilities of ordinary persons.

- Maintain basic courtesy toward the opinions of others.

- Did not create aka "flame bait".

- Disagree in a civil manner.

- Did not personal attack

Mr. McCormick you are incorrect. It's obvious to many of your jeoulously.

CS
Last edited {1}
Why does everyone think Al deleted the post? I saw the post as well and as a monitor I almost deleted it because in my opinion there was a personal attack made.

Since I have had numerous run-ins with the poster, and because it was kind of a grey area, I left the post up and PM'd another monitor (not Al, requesting that they review the post and determine if it was okay or not).

Maybe the person I sent the PM to deleted it..

"JustMom"

For the record, I edited the post at the request of a moderator who was having trouble editing it. Like Justmom, I, too, have had a problem with some of the poster's posts, and with this one, I also agree that a personal attack was made. It wasn't particularly malicious, but it made me uncomfortable just the same, so I edited it at the request of another "uncomfortable" moderator.

Is this heaven?...
Congratulations to Brian.

May you follow in the footsteps of former Maryland resident and friend Mike Sweeney, 2001 Washington Post Player of the Year, and St Pete. CC alum recently selected by the Fla CC Baseball Coaches to the 2003 1st Team Sun Coast Conference and Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

For other Maryland HS Players looking at Florida Community Colleges check out the following:

Pitcher Catcher Showcase Nov 1-2 Winter Haven Fla

Florida Community College Baseball Coaches Directory

FL CC Athletic Directory

Regards
Bear

ps.

TJ Hose officially visited the University of Maryland (who wanted the young man to throw in his home state), yet the Terps were unable to compete in FY04 with new ECU head coach Randy Mazey 90% offer (and 36 man roster, and jury still out program). May God Bless Coach Keith LeClair.

Many are keeping their fingers crossed that pro prospect Cecil will continue working hard in the classroom in addition to his honing his skills on the baseball diagram and be accepted for early admit by the strict UofM admission standards (higher than Duke athletic admissions), something the Terp Athletic Department for non-revenue producing sports do not have a lot of control over.

For the record, Al, now that I have met you briefly somewhere near a baseball field, I vehemently don't agree with your acquisations and comments. But then again we all have opinions. Some more than others.

Last edited {1}
I did not get to see what double nickles post, but lets focus on the importance of the thread, young men getting the opportunity to go to college playing the game they love.

No need to comment negatively about coaches, players, or people. I for one am very proud of the fact that so many Maryland kids are getting the opportunity, whether it is at any school in Maryland or elsewhere.
http://www.coppin.edu/athletics/article.asp?aID=kpaige&sID=20040115181744

BALTIMORE (Jan. 15, 2004)—Coppin State head baseball coach Guy Robertson announced the addition of mid-year transfers Carlos D’ Costa and Tommy Stratchko to the Eagle baseball program.

...Stratchko, spent his freshman season at College of Southern Maryland, where he helped led the team to the Regional Championship game. The 6-foot-3 LaPlata, Md. native finished 2-2 on the year and tallied 33 strikeouts in 35 1/3 innings work.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.