Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

California and Florida do get more looks... and for a very very good reason... past history! Over the years California, Florida and, I need to add, Texas have had the most talent.

Georgia, Virginia, Washington, Louisiana and other states are in the next group. Some years, like this one, states like Tennessee are loaded with talent.

If a player is a top level talent, it makes absolutely no difference which state he is from. As you can see by the players making this team from states like New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island and Missouri.

For those who know that we work in partnership with Baseball America, we did not pick these teams. In fact, we would definitely change some things if we did. Of course, these teams were picked based on two things.

1. Prospect Status
2. High School Statistics from last year

When we rank players, the high school stats are not heavily considered. It is interesting, though, for those that think these hard throwers can't pitch. Look at these stats closely. We have seen each and every one of these players listed. In fact, all but one has been to PG events. I can honestly say that every pitcher listed we have seen throw over 90 mph.

As always with any list like this, there are many very deserving outstanding talents left off. But we would be the first to say... This is a great list of pre-season all-americans. In fact, about 20 of them were selected, by us, for the AFLAC All American Classic last year.
By the way, congatulations to the, at least, three "HSBBWEB All-Americans" who made the Baseball America All-American team. Chris Nelson, Eric Davis and Andy Gale. I'm not sure if there are any others.

Also, even though no one could be higher on Justin Upton than us. He's our #1 ranked "05" prospect and probably everyone elses too. Justin might be our #1 "2004" prospect, if he were a senior this year. He truly deserves to be named, but I wish they would have waited to put him on next year's team and picked only seniors this year.
sorry Redbird as usual you got your wires all crossed.

Saw BJ Upton

2001 PG Nationals. BJ almost killed several moms with wild throws in stands.

2001 East Coast Pro Showcase
2001 Blue Grey Classic, Jeff Allison looked real good too

BJ ran a 6.5 on my stop watch,

Justin Upton
2003 East Coast Pro Showcase

Justin 6.29 on my stop watch, the fastest I ever timed.

No one projects 9 year old as future MLB players. Stick to coaching little league.

And a little pointer if you think a pitcher is being overused in little league, talk to his parents and NOT THE COACH WHO IS ABUSING HIM
Last edited {1}
They are both very good.

Justin ran a 6.39 in January (World Showcase) I think 6.49 was the best we ever got on BJ.

Both have great arms, but Justin has more pure arm strength than BJ. Both are athletic shortstops, but BJ had better shortstop actions.

Too early to say who is the better hitter, but the ball comes off Justin's bat much better than BJ's at the same age. In fact, the ball comes off Justin's bat better than most any high school player we have ever seen. There is absolutely no doubt that Justin has more raw power at the same age.

We thought BJ would end up being a centerfielder when he was a junior in high school. We think the same about Justin. BJ was the 2nd player picked in the 2002 draft. There's a good chance that Justin will be the 1st player picked in the 2005 draft.

They are both great kids from a great family.
quote:
Originally posted by Dibble:
sorry Redbird as usual you got your wires all crossed.

Saw BJ Upton

2001 PG Nationals. BJ almost killed several moms with wild throws in stands.

2001 East Coast Pro Showcase
2001 Blue Grey Classic, Jeff Allison looked real good too

BJ ran a 6.5 on my stop watch,

Justin Upton
2003 East Coast Pro Showcase

Justin 6.29 on my stop watch, the fastest I ever timed.

No one projects 9 year old as future MLB players. Stick to coaching little league.

And a little pointer if you think a pitcher is being overused in little league, talk to his parents and NOT THE COACH WHO IS ABUSING HIM

andy,

Great...they let you into the stadium...very proud of you. Pretty hard to get an accurate time on the field when you are sitting in the stands. Probably a small degree of error there, don't you think?

Anyway, never said a 9 year old would be a MLB player. When BJ was 9, no one knew he would be a pro player. All I said was I could tell when Justin was 9 that he would be better than BJ. You could see in his eyes and the way he went about playing the game. I am not the only one who has said this. It remains to be seen, though.

You have seen them both in person but you obviously don't know what you are looking at. You can read the numbers but any idiot, even you, can do that. Justin has unbelievable pop in his bat. His arm is stronger than BJ's at the same age (but I guess he needs to air out a few trying to hit you in the stands next time). The game has always come easy to BJ. Justin always hung around BJ and his older friends and, thus, had to work harder to keep up. I know we are talking minute details but that is what seperates those who know from the wannabes. (You can email Dibble at andyisawannabe@hotmail.com)

By the way, what in the heck are you talking about in this: "And a little pointer if you think a pitcher is being overused in little league, talk to his parents and NOT THE COACH WHO IS ABUSING HIM"?

My response:
1. I don't need pointers from you. You have enough problems.
2. I spoke to the coach and the Director of their organization.
3. I did speak to his parents as did a Dad on our team who happens to be his family doctor.
4. I will coach the kids and I will still forget more baseball than you will ever know.

edit: I just read PG's post, andy. Maybe you should, too.

Last edited {1}
BBFORLIFE,

You are correct, Georgia has been producing a large number of high draft picks over the past few years. The Atlanta/Marietta area is right there with Houston as the #1 area right now. San Diego, Dallas/Ft Worth, Miami and Tampa aren't far behind.

These things go in cycles, but it doesn't look like Georgia is slowing down any. At the tournaments we do in Marietta, you can see a ton of highest level talent and a lot of it is from Georgia.

East Cobb's program is as good as it gets and there are many other top programs with high level draft prospects within the state.
quote:
Originally posted by Dibble:
sorry Redbird,

Justin upton was timed in the same area as thr 400 other people with stopwatches ,

BJ Upton on the field within in 2 feet of the finish line.

Redbird you coach little league, not college Baseball
, NCAA Certified Summer League, or minor league baseball. No MLB team has ever hired you in any compacity or would listen to a thing you ever said.
Roll Eyes

edited for flaming

Once again...stick to things you know. Please don't act like you know anything about me. You mislead enough people.

You insinuate that you are affiliated with a pro team, which team would that be?

It is truly sad that you can't see what a joke you are. noidea

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.