Skip to main content

My son just received an invitation to the 2005 Southeast Top Prospect Showcase. He would love to attend the showcase. We as parents would like to know if this would be worth the time and money.

My son is also one of the best s****r goalies in the state. He would need to have the s****r coach's permission to miss some games/practices.

Thanks,

Royals
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree with Hit and Run. My son was invited to the PG sunshine east showcase, held in June, could not attend because of exams, etc. He missed out on a great oppertunity. But he also recieved an invite to next week's PG 's Atlantic Coast Top Prospect event and he will attend.
If your son wants to persue baseball at a college level, go, especially if it was an unsolicited invite. That means someone has seen him play and made a recommendation for him to attend. If you asked for the invite, PG still screens the players, hence the name "Top Prospect". Once you attend, the player's profile and rating are listed on their website for scouts and coaches through out the country to view. And you are seen by many scouts during the event. Not bad for a couple of days, where else will you get that kind of exposure.
Good luck
I apologize in advance for asking but...if your son is a top G***** for you know what. Is he looking at it over baseball or baseball over it.

If he's going to a "top prospect" he's at least a junior more likely a senior. Seems like the choice would be simple. Plus is he's all that at you know what and the coach knows he's first a baseball player I'd find it hard to believe he'd give him a hard time noidea

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.