Skip to main content

1. Mckinney North - Knocked out of the playoffs early but still has the most talent.
2. Hebron - Went deep into the playoffs last year with wins over Paris and Forney.
3. Keller Central - Very competetive for a new school.
4. Lake Dallas - Defeated Highland Park and their talented team in 2nd round, but no Jones.
5. Northwest - Some talent coming back.
6. Mckinney - Lost alot!
7. Frisco - See Mckinney.
8. Frisco C. - Getting better, but still a year away.

Any Thoughts?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
quote:
Originally posted by theygrowupfast:
"Whichever teams go to the playoffs will be 2 and barbecue".

by the way SWAC, what district do you follow?

8 - 5A (Allen, FM, Lewisville, Colony, Marcus, PESH, West, Plano)

For what it is worth, 8-5A won't be what it was last year either. Growth isn't watering it down, but graduation.

Allen may be the favorite if they can score runs.
FM - Always loaded.
PESH - better, but still not there.
Marcus lost a lot to graduation.
Lewisville - A baseball school?
Plano - another year of struggles? Have to have pitching.
Plano West - Not known for baseball.
Colony - Having a tough time in all sports now.
NTXFan -- pretty good assessment of 8-5A -- without going out on a limb, eh?

I think Marcus has plenty left in the tank -- their numbers are atrocious, 45 or more kids vying for a limited number of spots -- I'm sure there is good talent in the group. Allen, FM, and Marcus will be the early favorites for the playoff spots -- East, Lewisville, and others may nip at their heals. Lewisville has a strong #1 and good young talent -- same for East. As always, the #2 pitchers may be the key. Even Allen's #2 is unproven on the varsity level, but Coach Poole has a way of challenging kids to step up. They're doing a nice job of establishing baseball tradition there.

The Plano coaches have a new "system" to work through -- with sophomores playing JV for the first time. It will be interesting to see how they make things work.

26 days...and counting. Smile
Theygrowupfast,
I think that's a pretty good assessment of the district. North should be the early favorite having only lost 3 seniors (all 3 first team all-district and playing college ball), but they accounted for approx 70 RBIs, clutch hitting and big part of pitching staff. Freshman CF (Atwell) who did great job defensively moved , but didn't hit in district. Lackey could have helped them this year, but wasn't on varsity last year. I also understand San Miguel, who played good 3b last year, had to get his shoulder operated on so not sure how much they will get out of him.
Last edited by joedaddy
I thought that was a pretty good assessment of 9-4A as well. Pitching this year, however, will be extremely diluted, with several of the teams having taken their pitching for granted this last year. I'm sure all of the teams feel reasonably good right now about their position players--it's that time of the year, right? McKinney High , the team I follow, looks to be in a rebuilding year, but they do have some nice young talent that Coach price will get to look at.
Don't count Lake Dallas out just yet. The last time they missed the playoffs my son hadn't even started school yet.

Their Jr/Sr classes are loaded, as well as a bunch of talented Sophomore's who will compete for spots.

And as far as Lewisville, they have a good number 1 and a pretty talented number 2 as well. Their issue is going to be scoring runs....if thier bats come alive, they will be dangerous. Maybe that ex Lake Dallas baseball coach at Lewisville will help them along with starting a baseball tradition at LHS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.