Skip to main content

Has the date for the 2006 Area Code Games tryouts for Southern California players been set yet and, if so, what is the date? If no date for the tryouts has been announced, does anyone have an educated guess as to the likely date(s)?

I am aware that the tryouts are by invitation only, but my son would like to avoid a scheduling conflict in the event he does receive an invitation to the tryout.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The dates for the Area Code Tryouts for California are now up @ Studentsportsbaseball.com.

My question is with Team One West in AZ (6/20-23) and the Area Code tryouts in So Cal (6/19-20) virtually being the same time, which event would be better to attend and will the college coaches attend both or which one would they most likely attend and why?
Homerun, you may or may not have a choice. You can only participate in the Area Code tryouts if you are recommended by an MLB affiliated scout, and then invited by the Milwaukee Brewers scouts. If you are invited, I'd think very hard before deciding to pass on this opportunity. There should be over 100 scouts and college coaches at the tryout.

I can't say anything about Team One West, other than I have heard that it is a very good showcase that is well attended.

I think you'd be fortunate to play at either event.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.