Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was impressed. We attended the Coastal Showcase after being scheduled for the UNCG event. The folks at BG were most helpful in accomodating our change, as it was due to the Legion post-season going long. They ran a good event, the only problem was that less than 20 coaches and scouts were present, since the event coincided with the beginning of many school's fall semester. That being said, the primary school that is recruiting my son first saw him there. For us, then, it was a good experience. It's all about being seen at the right time in the right situation by the right person.
Yes, First I feel the key to showcases is making sure your target school or schools will attend.

My 2007 went to the BG at Middle TN State.
My son had a great coach and he was scheduled to play four games, he played three, one game was rained out. The key to this Showcase for my son was Vanderbilt. We new Vanderbilt would be at the Showcase and indeed he did receive a letter from Vanderbilt.
I liked the Showcase because there were only 13 players on a team. When a pitcher walked a batter,there would be a runner put on first base. I thought this made the games more realistic, and the coach kept everybody in the game, getting 3 or 4 ab bats per game. All the pitchers seemed to pitch one inning per game, and pitchers were allowed to play another position
I

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.