Skip to main content

Congrats to the following DFW Metroplex players for being recognized by Perfect Game:

Blake Beavan - Irving
Zach Britton - Weatherford
Cole Green - Coppell
Clayton Kershaw - HP
Monk Kreder - Keller
Cole Lohden - Waxahachie
Shawn Tolleson - Allen
Jordan Walden - Mansfield
Justin Walker - HP
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, no big surprises on the list, except 2 new names for me and maybe for a few others. I just wanted to congrat them on our thread since they are being acknowledged on another thread.

And like the thread from the father who's son isn't getting the time on the mound w/his HS team and asking for advice on how to get noticed esp. if you are on a team that is deep in pitching and are not on the rotation (doesn't mean you don't have "the stuff"),,,,,,there are a lots and lots of ways to get notice and Perfect Game is just one of many ways, it's not the only way, it is just one way.

So, keep in mind that this is one list of many...............and there might just be that one list, that is never published anywhere, that a college coach has on the top of his desk that lists a HSBBweb member's sons name as a player to watch/recruit and that is just as important if not more important. It might not get published on this site in this form but it will get published when the member is able to list his son's name as a player that has signed or been drafted........

And on a sidenote, my son has never been to Perfect Game. I admire what they have done for a lot of players and I am impressed with their continued support of this site and all the help they have been to player's and parents.
Last edited by oldbat-never
quote:
That's a no brainer.How about the over acheivers that never get mentioned.How about those that do not or can not(afford) to attend their showcases?

Why do people think we only cover those who attend PG events?

We have been ranking players for over 10 years. Not once has a player been ranked for any reason other than his ability.

It just so happens that most of the top ranked players end up going to a PG event. After all, our invitation lists start with the highest ranked players.

So the truth is... For the most part... Many players are ranked before they ever attend a PG event. Then they usually end up attending one. (as did the 823 draft picks last year who attended PG events)

The “Who’s Hot” section includes those we receive accurate information on. Having attended a PG event isn’t even considered! Rather than complain, why not join in and give us information if you feel it is important. There is no guarantee that we will use the info, but every bit of it will be considered. Of course we need to check for accuracy before using it.

We are very interested in “over achievers” and late bloomers. Very interested in players we may not be aware of! If you desire… email info to pgjerry@qwest.net

Please enclose all the information used in the “Who’s Hot” listings.

I’ll get it in the right hands! Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:

We are very interested in “over achievers” and late bloomers. Very interested in players we may not be aware of! If you desire… email info to pgjerry@qwest.net

Please enclose all the information used in the “Who’s Hot” listings.

I’ll get it in the right hands! Thanks!

Just another example of someone doing the right thing for the kids. applaude
quote:
And on a sidenote, my son has never been to Perfect Game. I admire what they have done for a lot of players and I am impressed with their continued support of this site and all the help they have been to player's and parents

My son attended some of the team showcases, but not on "THE LIST" as I recall.

So, its not fatal if you are not on the list, but it does help your recruting efforts if Perfect Game is involved.

And, I've been observing the "Monk" for a long time now.

I't don't matter if he's on the PG list or not..........

He will be on the list that comes out in June.
Last edited by FormerObserver

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.