Skip to main content

I was just wondering what other people were thinking about this upcoming draft. I know it is very early to be thinking about the draft, but i think this draft has the potential to be one of the best in IL history. Players like Joe Dunigan, Gary Perinar, John Ely, and even more are elgible this year. I think I am going to see a lot of my past teamates and friends make some mula this year lol and i was just wondering what other people think about it..
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by KennySmalls:
Wow nobody must like me on this board anymore lol

Kenny, how are you doing? I don't know about the draft status of many in the St. Louis metro area but would think that a couple of players are going to be of great interest. Flannigan of Belleville West surly would be enticing to pro teams. I've heard that my catcher, Brandon Adams, is on a lot of lists. As always, it will be interesting to see who does and doesn't get drafted.
Thanks Coach, Not to Jump ahead but the 08 draft might be a possibility for Huber from Althoff and Odorizzi from Highland. We are down quite a bit from the talent we have had here in the deep south here lately. I don't think we will have a draftable kid until the 09 or 10 class comes along. The St. Louis area and metro east looks pretty good though. BTW are you heading to Marion for the football game?
Sulltiger,

Have you heard that Ruff might get drafted or that there is some interest in him from the professional ranks? I have seen him pitch and he seems to have great velocity (in the 90's from what I have heard) but seems to have some control problems and had not as of yet developed a curveball that he can get over the plate consistently. When I waw him pitch, the batters were sitting on his fastball and crushing it when they got one in the strike zone.
I havent heard anything firsthand about Ruff . Just an educated guess on my part . I have to believe he has generated some interest from the pros just due to his overall athletic ability. Hes got size, runs like a deer , has great velocity and he can hit. From what i have heard, he can be a bit erratic with the arm , but so what ...they can work with him on that. Slated to be number one catcher at Notre Dame as well as pitch. Might not be major college material due to grades . Getting drafted would make sense.
Last edited by sulltiger24

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.