Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think Perfect Game usually has a few teams in the tournament that is made up of individual players not associated with a team. You might want to give PG a call to see if you can get in. Even if they don’t have teams this year they may be able to help you find a team to play with.

Good luck, I hope you can get in, it's a great event!
There are a couple of ways you can get onto a team if you're not already with a team that's going.

One way is simply to do a cameo appearance with a team. This is easiest if you are a top flight pitcher, the kind of guy everyone is always looking for when they start a tourney they want to win. Most teams who really have their sites set on winning are of the attitude that "you can never have enough pitching" and thus, it's not unusual to see a kid show up on a roster just for one tourney or some such.

The other way, as JerseyDad mentions, is to pay a fee to Perfect Game to get on one of their PG squads. They usually have several at each tourney. The cost is sometimes high -- I think it's in the $5-600 range per player -- but if all else fails this is available to you.

The main thing is, you're getting late in the day. I would suggest you make contact with PG ASAP if you're serious about this. They can tell you if they have openings on their squads. They can also tell you if they know of teams that are looking to fill a hole, replace an injured guy, or whatever.

Finally, you will from time to time see postings on this site of either players looking for teams or teams looking for players. Check out that forum and you never know what you'll see. I know Steve Trombly is often seen here looking to add a guy or two!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.