Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In Frederick County, I expect TJ (4A) to be potent because they'll have one of the finest pitching rotations in the area with Frank Zier, Ian Hahn, and Brandon Kline. If they can score some runs, they're going to be tough to beat.

In 1A, I expect Catoctin to be formidable. They're laden with talented seniors who've grown up playing together and they're also well coached. I think they're going to make some noise in the post season.
quote:
Originally posted by umdterps01:
Who do you all think the top teams will be in the state this year,4a,3a,2a,1a?

In Anne Arundel County (Public) I would have to say it would be out of Northeast or Arundel. I would think a rematch from last year. The only difference would have to be who will be on the mound??????? Chesapeake should be good as well.
For the MIAA, Loyola Blakefield is looking solid this year. Although losing to Riverdale baptist at Loyola yesterday with a score of 5-4, they got a solid 4 innings from Bobby Kirby on the mound, and timely hitting from Harry Slade, who was 4-4 with 2 doubles and 2 singles, and Drew Hoppes, who was 1-3 with a stand up triple.

This year, the Dons will look to have a few junior pitchers step up and take the hill. Behind Kirby are Taylor and Slade, each left handed, who have looked solid thus far. Also, Dons catcher Mark Quaranta, also a junior, will be a constant threat to baserunners this year and will also be doing some damage with his stick.
Last edited by goodsoup
quote:
Originally posted by goodsoup:
For the MIAA, Loyola Blakefield is looking solid this year. Although losing to Riverdale baptist at Loyola yesterday with a score of 5-4, they got a solid 4 innings from Bobby Kirby on the mound, and timely hitting from Harry Slade, who was 4-4 with 2 doubles and 2 singles, and Drew Hoppes, who was 1-3 with a stand up triple.

This year, the Dons will look to have a few junior pitchers step up and take the hill. Behind Kirby are Taylor and Slade, each left handed, who have looked solid thus far. Also, Dons catcher Mark Quaranta, also a junior, will be a constant threat to baserunners this year and will also be doing some damage with his stick.

GoodSoup..............sounds like you've had too much " apple pie " . Wish all the guys over there a great and healthy season , see ya soon . crazy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.