Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I see some very good players that I recognize on this list. I also note any number of omissions, including several players who are among the very top ranked players by both Perfect Game and Baseball America. I also see one player from our area listed as being from a school he attended his freshman year, but he's been at a different school for two years now. That tells me they aren't exactly up to date on their info.

I don't see anything wrong with giving kids recognition, and it's fine if you choose different kids from those ranked by other services. Evaluating players is subjective and you should expect different services to list different players, at least to some extent.

But when you miss 8 or 9 of PG's and BA's top 10's, and you're going 500 deep on your list, it sounds like you must have to attend a particular showcase to get listed here. There can be differences of opinion, but there's no way that several players can be top 10 on two reputable lists and not be in someone's top 500, unless there's a catch somewhere.

I see jbbaseball's son on the list, maybe he can enlighten us about it?
All lists for players vary as do rankings for team

Saw a team ranking yesterday where a team was 4th and not listed in another poll of the top 25 teams

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not to mention at this point they all mean aquat until the season is completed---it is not what you gonna do but what have you done
I agree with Midlo. Its easier to be seen by PG by attending an event than not attending an event. But also like he and I both have said several of the players on their top ranked list have never attended an event. The fact is the players listed on the top prospects list by PG from NC are indeed the top ranked players in the state. They are the best. They do not require you to attend an event in order to recieve regonition.
Or you can go to the National PG showcase and see them. There is no way they could do what they do for free. I subscribe to Baseball Americas Prospect Plus and Pefect Game Crosschecker. It is very reasonable for both sites. I enjoy reading the articles and keeping up with all the players from around the country. Its my passion so it is well worth it to me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.