Skip to main content

We are in the process of finalizing our schedule for 2009 summer tournaments. With our new association with USSSA Baseball our tournaments will now cover the southern half of the country. This coming summer will be hosting tournaments at:

University of Alabama (2)
Auburn University - FULL
Mississippi State University - FULL
University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)- FULL
Troy University
Samford University
Birmingham Southern College
Tulane University
Arkansas State University
University of Memphis
Faulkner University
University of West Florida
Chipola Junior College
Southern University (LA)
University of Arkansas Little Rock
University of Arkansas (Fayetteville)
University of Central Arkansas
Hendrix College (AR)
Louisiana Tech University
Southeastern University (LA)
University of Louisiana Monroe
Grambling University (LA)
Golden Park Stadium (Columbus, GA)
Kennesaw State University (GA)
Georgia Southern University
McNeese State University (LA)
Peoria Sports Complex (Padres/Mariners) (AZ)
Oglethorpe University (GA)

These are just a few... we are working on 15-20 more sites at this time from the east coast to Texas. Keep coming back to our website for updates.

Baseball's Elite Summer Teams
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Saipanwarrior,
Yes, one of our directors is working on those events and trying to work around the school's camp schedule. Hopefully we will know something soon.

We now have tournaments set at:
University of Arkansas
University of Central Arkansas
University of Arkansas Little Rock

Dates are forthcoming for:
Oklahoma University
Baylor University

We have directors currently working on events in Texas, Georgia, Missouri and southern & central Florida. We hope to post those events very soon.

For more information go to BEST
Last edited by Bama Bomber
I am confused with how this program works. All of these "showcase" events with 2 or 3 teams (8 max in some cases) and most of which are the same teams and many times from the exact same organizations. It doesn't look like "best" actually runs these events. These are just tournaments that teams affiliated with this "organization" are hosting. It also looks like whoever runs the site, Bama Bomber presumably, says they are hosting events at all of these locations before they have actually been secured. Isn't that false advertising? You do realize that we notice those things right.

Sorry, I know I don't comment much but I do enjoy reading this site and this just looks a little sketchy.
BEST Associate Members run many of our Showcase Series tournaments. Most are "by invitation" events and we try to get the teams into the event that the area colleges would like to see play and not fill them with "Indiana Jaysox White", "Indiana Jaysox Yellow", "Indiana Jaysox Black", "Indiana Jaysox 16U Blue", etc.. Most who attend out tournaments know that they are very competitive and showcase good players for the schools within the region to watch. That is our purpose and it is not "sketchy" at all to those who don't have an ax to grind or a profit motive behind their statements.
Son played for the Bombers a couple of summers ago, and played in many of these BEST events. All were professionally run, usually played on beautiful college fields with the coaches and assistants present, some college players dragging the field and manning the concessions, high school and college level umps, and great competition. Trust me, nothing sketchy about Bama Bomber's tournaments.
Last edited by Wayne

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.