5. Seth Laskoskie (S. Grand Prairie) – Cisco Junior College
6. Justin Ray (Midlothian) – Cisco Junior College
7. Chase Walker (Mansfield Timberview) – Hill College
Dallas D'backs Baseball Club dallasdbacks@yahoo.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Dallas D'backs:
We are a first year organization. All of the kids listed above played for other teams last Summer. This is simply a list of kids that will be with us this Summer that have signed to play college ball.

The point is to recognize the kids, not who they play for.

What all you D-Backs guys have to understand is, the D-Backs is not your day job. Where as some of these other people on here that seem a little too sensitive...well, it is their day job. Know what I mean?

Keep up the good work and keep working for those kids. Good luck the rest of this season and in the summer!
And, one does have to wonder why there was a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's court.........

trolling

method of fishing in which a lure or a bait is pulled behind a boat at varying speeds and depths according to the nature, habitat, and size of the fish being sought. Trolling is practiced in both freshwater and salt water and with all kinds of craft; power boats that carry varied tackle and big-game gear are usually used at sea but may also be used on inland waters, where legal. Trolling permits the fisherman to cover a wide area, making it the method of choice among sport anglers in pursuit of such highly mobile species as walleye and muskellunge (muskie) in large freshwater lakes and rivers. Trolling for sport is usually done at relatively low speeds using strong rods equipped with stout lines and heavy reels. The fisherman sits facing the stern, sometimes in a specially equipped fighting chair. Troll lines are also used by trawler fishermen for commercial catches, principally salmon and tuna.

Nawp, that is not trolling over yonder.

But, it is masterfully baited.

Just PM me, tycho, and, I'll explain.
Last edited by FormerObserver
quote:
Originally posted by TurnTwo1:
Well...funny you should ask. As of this week, our plans have changed and we will be playing in the Lone Star Amateur Baseball Association.

Dang it...

I was hoping to get a chance to play your bunch this summer.

Maybe somewhere along the line we'll match up.

Best of luck to your organization.
Truth is... If your kid can play, and one of these teams plays in a tournament with scouts there, your kid has a good day, he now has his name out there. High School Baseball is a joke, but if your kid plays well in the summer, he will have a chance. It doesn't matter what freakin "organization" he plays for. You guys make me laugh, stop stealing money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please alow me to clarify. High school athletes are not a joke, and there are some really good HS coaches out there. What I meant by that statement was that there are many, many, HS coaches out there that do not have their position because of their Baseball knowledge, but because they knew someone, somewhere! I know this post will upset some people but it is absolutely the truth. Again I am not generalizing all HS coaches, but unfortunately they are not all good baseball guys. All you need is a teaching certificate and some good friends to be a HS head coach. Sorry
Last edited by Please Get Real
quote:
Originally posted by funneldrill:
PGR,

Please send me a PM with the coaches and schools that you are describing so that I can get them on the 2010 schedule. Wins will be hard to come by next year and I need a few.

Thanks.

Wins?

You guys aren't in it to showcase the kids?

Why would wins matter? It's all about getting the kids a place to play after HS right?
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
quote:
Originally posted by funneldrill:
PGR,

Please send me a PM with the coaches and schools that you are describing so that I can get them on the 2010 schedule. Wins will be hard to come by next year and I need a few.

Thanks.

Wins?

You guys aren't in it to showcase the kids?

Why would wins matter? It's all about getting the kids a place to play after HS right?

Gosh... and all this time I thought it was the High School Coaches job to make sure all the parents were happy and satisfied...
Congrats to this newest list of signees:

13. Ryan Smrcina (S. Grand Prairie) – Henderson State University
14. Weldon Davis (Henderson) – Panola College
15. Jay Johnson (FW Brewer) – Western Texas College
16. Matthew Tucker (S. Grand Prairie) – Mountain View College
17. Carlos Vargas (S. Grand Prairie) – Mountain View College
18. Travis Breslin (Pantego Christian) – Eastfield College
19. Chris Matthews (Canyon) – New Mexico Junior College

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.