Skip to main content

2009 Rawlings/Perfect Game Preseason Texas Region All High School Senior Team

http://www.perfectgame.org/sto...l_america/texas.aspx

Disclaimer: I know some consider these list meaningless and there could be some possible omissions but still want to recognize the players that were listed.

Congrats to all.
------------------------------------------------------------ "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Leo Buscaglia
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
there are several obvious omissions from this list

I suppose there could easily be some outstanding players that are missing, but it would be very interesting to know who the most obvious omissions are and why they are so obvious. This is an all senior list. The underclass preseason list is done and will be posted soon.
PG Staff - I apologize, I didn't mean to imply it was inaccurate, I was mainly trying to encourage those who sons are good but are not on the list......I can think of a few summer teammates or those we played against that could have made the list. My guess is that they were never seen via a PG showcase or a PG tournament and in that case you all may not have known about them.

The most obvious top players in my area are all on the list, it is the honorable mention category where some could have possibly been included. To be fair, I have removed the word "obvious"...that was misleading, "possible" would be a better description.

BTW, there are some here in the Texas forum (KG comes to mind) that are not a big fan of lists...that is why I included the disclaimer. Smile
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:
Originally posted by cheapseats:

BTW, there are some here in the Texas forum (KG comes to mind) that are not a big fan of lists...that is why I included the disclaimer. Smile

Cool

Your always watching out for me Cheapseats.

Mr. Ford, you better be ready when I send you that "secret" arm again this year. I'm back in the game this year and Atlanta is on our schedule.

I'll make sure I keep a night open so you can buy me a steak and we can talk about your lists. Wink
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
Yea, I agree...lists are a bit ambigious. The best thing they do is give someone some extra exposure.

I counted 6 Coppell guys on that list….seems a little excessive.

I only saw one Arlington Martin senior on the list….Daniel Garcia. Stewart Person and Chase Jensen both deserve to be on that list. Granted, I could have a smidgen of bias in my assumption.

Nonetheless, lists are good at causing debates. We've been doing it for decades.
quote:
Originally posted by 17sbigbrother:
Yea, I agree...lists are a bit ambigious. The best thing they do is give someone some extra exposure.

I counted 6 Coppell guys on that list….seems a little excessive.

I only saw one Arlington Martin senior on the list….Daniel Garcia. Stewart Person and Chase Jensen both deserve to be on that list. Granted, I could have a smidgen of bias in my assumption.

Nonetheless, lists are good at causing debates. We've been doing it for decades.

Lists are lists but the Coppell kids are all going to D 1 schools and if you notice most of the list is slanted that way.

Not taking anything away from the players listed but as others have said there are a lot of deserving players. I can think of two from Mansfield that are capable of being there.
Maverick, I agree - Taylor Maybra from Mansfield (fast outfielder and very good hitter) was one I thought should be on the list. Crayton Bare from HP (Baylor commit) is another I didn't see on the list. Another good pitcher that seems to be flying under the radar is Tait Norris at Rowlett.

With that said, I do think they captured most of the DFW area players that are D1 bound.
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:
Maverick, I agree - Taylor Maybra from Mansfield (fast outfielder and very good hitter) was one I thought should be on the list. Crayton Bare from HP (Baylor commit) is another I didn't see on the list.

With that said, I do think they captured most of the DFW area players that are D1 bound.

I'll make sure Mav Jr. does not read this. I want to make sure his head fits in the front door...
I'm sure we are missing some very good players. It's Texas, one of only three states that is its own region. There's a lot of talent.

That said, I bet when all the results are in we didn't miss too many of the top guys in the state.

It's a list. Lists are not perfect. Compare it to other lists in the end. We actually have the results from past years. Rawlings publicizes the heck out of those lists.

It's a big honor for those selected. It goes without saying that there are many others who belong on that list. It sure does help if we actually know them ahead of time, seeing it's a preseason list. I actually think it's a pretty good Texas list. I think it's great when people mention other names who they think should be recognized.
quote:
Originally posted by madmacks:
PG,

One of the seniors that may be worth taking a closer look at is Adam Humes, 1B, Plano East. He has got to be one of the best "all around" 1B in the DFW area. I know I'm biased and I'm not saying he should replace anyone on the list...just that I don't read a lot about him and not sure why.

Adam is a definitely a solid first baseman. He has a solid, quick bat. Great hands. His defensive skills are superb as well. He played for me last Summer and will be on our 18u team this Summer.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cooterBU:
quote:
Crayton Bare from HP (Baylor commit)

Since when did this come about?

Thanks

cooterBU, I could definitely be wrong, I don't know... I just saw it on the Dallas Tigers website list of baseball commits (see link below)

http://www.dallastigersbaseball.com/

Thanks for the heards-up. So Crayton is an '09 commit. I just assumed that he was a '10. I don't know much about him, but, the little bit of research I did do appears to suggest that he will be a nice addition, if he has indeed committed.
Hi Bear,
Any idea why HP coach doesn't submit stats for his team to DMN? Would be nice to see those players position relative to others in the district.

Since you know Crayton's era, you probabably know his other stats. Can you share them since the coach doesn't (ip, win/loss, ER, K, H)?

Not saying your number is wrong but since you put it out there and the numbers aren't available I'm trying to get to a 0.27 (That's what you meant, right? Not .027) and I'm not getting there.

Looks like this from what's avail:

- W vs Temple 1ER
- W vs Bishop Lynch 0ER
- L vs Newman Smith 1ER? (2 HP errs, but *minimum* 1 ER - the HR by Lamb)
- W vs Pearce 0ER
- W vs Royce City 1ER? (No HP errs, 3 RC runs, Volk got a sv so Bare didn't go 7 - I heard 4, minimum 1ER)
- L vs Rockwall 1ER

That's 5x7ip + 4ip = 39ip, 4ER
ERA = 4er / 39ip * 7 = .72

Hmmmm, looks like you got your 7 and your 2 in the wrong place.
That's assuming he actually went all 7 innings in those 5 games. If he went anything less, the ERA goes up.

Am I wrong?

.rockdad
I have an idea: lets put together a list of the good players that don't ever make "the list". You know, the kid that hits .350+, makes all the plays and oh ya... he is alomost always covered from head to toe in dirt.

No disrespect to PG, but I would venture to say Cal Ripken would not make PG's list, too slow in the 60 and his arm strength across the diamond would not put him as a big time prospect.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.