Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Fungo,

Winchester Post 21 will be hosting an "Early Bird" Tournament on June 5-7 at James Wood and Millbrook High School.

It will be an 8-team pool play, 2 pools with 4 teams per pool. Games will be 7 innings or 2 hour time limit. First 7 teams to respond will be entered. Top 2 teams from each pool will move on to playoff.

Entry fee: $450 and case of baseballs.
In case of rain: refunds will be $350 and case of baseballs.

Rules: American Legion rules.
Tiebreakers: Head-to-Head, Runs Allowed, Runs Scored, Coin Flip.

There will be only trophies given out to the first place team.

Please send checks to:
Post 21 Baseball
206 Lakeside Drive,
Stephens City, VA 22655

If your team is interested in participating, please email Kyle Smallwood at smalldog2k3@yahoo.com.
Fungo,

I coach a 19U Team in Virginia Beach. We are going to a tournament in Greensboro, NC 1-5 July....There will be some very talented teams in this event and will be well run. If you would like more information, contact me at billy.phillips@navy.mil or saipanwarrior@yahoo.com. I know this is a wood bat tournament, cost $550, and the final 3 games are scheduled to be played in the minor league stadium.

Billy
Good evening. We are hosting a 19U tournament in Baltimore over the Memorial Day weekend. It will be a metal bat tournament featuring eight 19U teams that will be very competitive. Play will commence on Saturday and wrap up on Monday. We expect to guarantee 4 and possibly 5 games to each team. Teams playing in the championship game on Sunday will have played 7 games over the weekend. Since we opened registration up about two weeks ago, five teams have already committed to the tournament -- the 18U Baltimore BlueClaws (the host team), the 17U Diamond Pros (Harford County, Maryland, the 18U Bergen County (NJ) Thunder, the 18U Newark (NJ) Rays and the 18U Maryland Rangers. All of these teams are tournament only teams that have competed regularly in high level tournaments. All games will be played either at Essex Community College, Calvert Hall College, or St. Paul's School, all excellent fields in the Baltimore area relatively close to each other. Registration fee is $575. If you are interested, please contact Howard Majev at 443-831-0030. Thanks.
fungohitter, out here in northern California, we have a series of 18u tournaments that feature Connie Mack teams and I'm sure we'd welcome an American Legion team to play in them if you want to travel. Nobody really cares too much about age, we all like to play any good team. They're all wood bat tournaments, 12-20 teams per tournament, and run from late June through mid-July. It's a very high level of competition.

If interested, PM me and I'll get you some details.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.